Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Update. After fighting with customer service all day, they said well it works with the Samsung smart tv. I am sick of dealing with streaming devices so I went out and bought a smart tv. Well now I have been informed that the cloud dvr does not work with Samsung TVs. THIS IS A JOKE. I’m cancelling everything and going back to Hulu but still battling to get a refund from spectrum. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

FCC does take internet/streaming complaints. However, I’m not holding my breath.  LOcast signal is lousy in DFW.  Looking into getting an OTA antenna as Spectrum will get dumped and I will be returning a new $1300 TCL RokuTV to BestBuy this week if not resolved. 

Level 8

Re: spectrum app not working

Don’t get a Samsung smart tv, I did that only to find that the spectrum cloud dvr does not work with Samsung smart tv. They say existing roku/spectrum users wouldn’t be affected but I was and nothing works and nobody will help it’s absolutely insane. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: spectrum app not working

Didn’t work for me. I have the app, never uninstalled it but the spectrum app magically disappeared from my roku this morning. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Sadly and frustratingly, it is true. Encourage all effected to complain, post, retweet, like similar posts, etc. every chance one gets and everywhere one can think of. Roku and Spectrum users must get heard.

0 Kudos

@atc98092 hi Dan thanks for your intel that spectrum tv app will be available on Roku early next week after contract negotiations finalized.

Can I ask: how certain are you of this positive outcome?

I bought my 1st Roku today December 13 2020 because had read for months spectrum tv app available on Roku. Seems like false advertising to me, I paid Roku for something that doesn’t exist as advertised. I am seeking a refund. 

Level 9

I would not expect any help, only expect excuses which Roku and Soectrum are full of.  Each defaults to blaming the other. I encourage you to let your voice be heard via Facebook, Twitter, company websites, consumer complaint websites and forms.  

0 Kudos
Level 18

You people really should explore getting an Internet connection in

your area that does nothing but that. You'll get much higher speeds and quality.

You dont need your cable subscription. I invite you to truly cut the cable.

Take the Leap of Faith.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 9

They sure did. All while claiming how much they care about their customers and emailing out advertisements everyday. But couldn’t be bothered to send an email to notify customers of this money-grubbing—blame the other guy contract dispute which leaves their customers without local television channels.  I’m returning my 65” RokuTV to BestBuy this week if this matter is not resolved in short order. 

Level 21

@MC13 wrote:

FCC does take internet/streaming complaints. However, I’m not holding my breath.  LOcast signal is lousy in DFW.  Looking into getting an OTA antenna as Spectrum will get dumped and I will be returning a new $1300 TCL RokuTV to BestBuy this week if not resolved. 

The FCC may take your complaint, but they have no authority to do anything about it. The FCC does not regulate Internet providers. They do regulate cable companies, but it's murky about something like an app they provide that takes the place of their own cable boxes. Since it's not a requirement for them to have such an app, I doubt the FCC will show any interest in the failure of such an app, as long as their service is still available under "regular" conditions. The Xfinity app for Roku has been labeled beta for years, and it has all sorts of issues. Nothing has ever been done about it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos