Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

I’m having the same problem and I am in USA and using Spectrum internet. It happened when I reset my Roku. 

Level 14

Re: Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

Carriage Dispute:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/spectrum-tv-app-update-roku-users?cid=van_dscx_rokured_1220

Despite our best efforts to reach an agreement, Roku has not accepted Spectrum's offer to continue our contract, which allowed customers to access the Spectrum TV app from Roku devices.

This change may prevent new downloads of the Spectrum TV app to your Roku device, but you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet.

If you already use the Spectrum TV app on Roku, your service shouldn’t be affected.

Be sure not to uninstall the app, but you can still add devices by signing in to your current account.

If you’re new to Roku, or if you have not yet downloaded the app, you can still access Spectrum programming on another device, or use your smartphone or laptop to screen mirror Spectrum content to your Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

This is bull cookies! Haven't had my Roku a month then this **bleep**! 

Level 9

I have two TCL Roku TVs, one brand new 65”. Frankly, I don’t care to hear Spectrum and/or Roku’s excuses. All each will do is blame the other. Then they will blame the situation—just like every other provider or seller of whatever does to excuse lousy customer service.   I encourage all effected to complain to each customer service department on their websites,  and on Twitter, and Facebook. I also posted @ TCL (my brand of RokuTV) and BestBuy (where I purchased the TV). Not they they are at fault but they will be effected when I return the newest TV.  If we can’t get local channels, we won’t get emergency weather and other notifications. So it becomes a safety issue. I’ve only heard back from Spectrum so far who blamed Roku. More squeaky wheels are needed. 

Level 9

Almost went with Spectrum TV Stream. I will not until this gets fixed. Unbelievable to do around the holidays. Spectrum/Charter may lose TV customers because of this horrible thing to do. I am not getting an Apple device just to stream their service. Hopefully some of you can ask for a credit on your TV bill, I would.

Level 7

I have the same problem. My tv was buffering so after going through basic rebooting steps, I called Spectrum tech support. The guy I spoke with told me to delete the Spectrum app and reinstall. As I've since found out, you can't reinstall the app until this dispute with Roku is settled. A Roku tech support guy suggested using the Spectrum app on my Smartphone and "mirroring" it to the tv, but that's b.s. Luckily we have other tvs, but this was our main one, and I'm really ticked about it. 

Level 21

The FCC will do nothing. This is a streaming service, which they do not regulate. Their requirements for local OTA stations deal solely with their broadcast signal. Anything that goes out via another method (cable/satellite/streaming) doesn't directly involve use of the airwaves, so the FCC (in general) has no jurisdiction. The FCC isn't concerned about you receiving emergency broadcasts if it's not via an OTA station.

You might look at Locast and see if they cover your metropolitan area. Their signal appears very good for my area (Seattle) and offer every single local station, including the sub-channels. 

The blame is solely with Spectrum. They let their contract with Roku expire without completing their renewal. Roku is merely the platform provider, and there is no law that Roku must carry any specific media provider. At this time, there is no streaming platform that does "everything". The Nvidia Shield is probably the closest (but still has issues), with Roku and Fire TV second and third. Apple TV falls behind the leaders, and after that you just have the variety of Blu Ray players, Smart TVs and generic Android players. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 18

https://tvanswerman.com/2020/12/13/roku-removes-spectrum-tv-app-in-fee-fight/

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 9

Does any entity govern cable/satellite/streaming at all?  If so, how do we get a hold of them?

Re: spectrum app not working

To my knowledge no it is not available in the apps section either. It’s just not available. Very disappointing for myself — I bought Roku Streambar today December 13 2020 with understanding that it would be available on Roku.

0 Kudos