Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Same here!! Can’t access it on any of my Roku TV’s that I bought specifically to stream Spectrum!! This can’t be right 

Level 9

Yep. Spectrum advised it’s a “contact dispute” between them and Roku. What baloney!  Spectrum sends me emails every day trying to sell me more services, but they can’t email with this MAJOR impact to my service.  And neither can Roku?  Now we have a brand new TCL Roku TV and we can’t watch football, local PBS, etc. How do these companies get away with this **bleep**? Go to local Spectrum store to complain; use every Avenue (Facebook, Twitter, Roku and Spectrum websites) to complain. Call their lousy helplines, if you can wait on hold for an ion.  OUTRAGEOUS!

Re: spectrum app not working

Hello- I bought a Roku Streambar today December 13 2020 because of Spectrum app which all over Roku and Spectrum sites say is available. This is false advertising and I would like to be reimbursed for my Roku Streambar. Who can I contact?

Level 9

Frankly, that's a BS answer.  It's not Roku's issue, it's Spectrum's.  Spectrum customers are the ones that are affected and they can more easily change ISPs than buy a new TV.  Spectrum is just too lazy and really doesn't care about their customer base (at least, the one's with Roku TVs).

Spectrum is a **bleep** ISP, and this is just further evidence.

Level 7

Same thing...Spectrum app stopped working this afternoon (13 Dec 2020), I made the mistake of deleting it in a troubleshooting step (thinking I could re-install and then enter creds again). Of course, then I could not find it in the channel store. WHAT THE **bleep** ROKU?!?!?! It's why I bought FOUR of these devices, so I could get rid of the cable boxes. 

Level 9

I have two homes, one where I have many ISP choices and the second where Spectrum or AT&T DSL are the only choices. 

Level 8

If you have the app already install it will work only new installations will not as of December 11.

0 Kudos
Level 21

There was another thread about this. The contract between Spectrum and Roku expired a couple of days ago, and the channel was removed. Spectrum says they should have it refreshed early next week and it will be available again. For users with the channel already installed, it's possible that Spectrum has stopped streaming to Roku boxes, potentially because of no contract in effect they aren't permitted to. Spectrum is the only one who can answer your questions, as they are in control of their channel functionality. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Level 14

@Techgeek2021 wrote:

Spectrum is the internet service provider. So Spectrum is not going to keep changing their app to match Roku everytime it has an Update. If that happens, it would mess up the other platforms like the Xbox ect that have the app on it as well. If you are a smaller platform (roku, Xbox, chromecast) it is your job to make your system compatible with the ISP, which is the huge umbrella above the rokus. That being said, roku and spectrum decided to pull the plug because they could not get the coding right to work with the Spectrum tv app. It's easy for folks to call and cuss out the cable company because they are easily acceptable but the fact us that roku engineers could not keep up with the app and honesly spectrum does not care to renew a contract with a company that can't get it together and take ownership as to why the app isn't working.

Roku doesnt code the Spectrum app - Spectrum does.  Roku isn't responsible for and doesnt manage the Spectrum app - Spectrum does.

This weird nonsensical idea that the app platform maker is somehow responsible for the app, or making the app work, is, well, bizarre.

As is the idea that Roku (RokuOS, 40% of the streaming market (largest player in US), $40 billion market cap) and Microsoft (XBox OS, $ 1.61 trillion market cap) and Google (AndroidOS, $1.20 trillion market cap) are "a smaller platform".

The fact is, the Spectrum app has been poorly coded from the start for years now - first under TimeWarnerCable, then under Charter Spectrum.

As a supposed self-declared "TechGeek" one would imagine you would/should know and recognize that.

(you should also know an app developer is the responsible party for the code quality, not the platform provider)

Regardless, the issue isn't that the Spectrum TV app is poorly maintained by Spectrum - the issue is that Roku and Spectrum couldn't come to terms to renew the deal that allowed the Spectrum service/app on Roku's platform (for now).

Good thing you didnt name yourself  "EconGeek" or "BizGeek" or even "FactGeek", then it'd be ever more ironic...

Level 8

I heard it is available now in the apps section.

0 Kudos