Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 14

Re: Spectrum TV

"This change may prevent new downloads of the Spectrum TV app to your Roku device, but you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet."

If you have one of the listed other platforms, you can still trial it...

https://www.spectrum.net/page/spectrum-tv-app

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV

Yes they were saying it works with Samsung 2011 or newer if they are smart TV's.  

I have extremely sensitive eyes and many screens give me headaches.  I tried a couple of smart tv's and they didn't work out for me.  The Sony was the easiest to use, but I've never had luck with any Samsung Device as they give me bad eye strain.    I was thinking about Apple TV but I don't care for their ecosystem or remote and I just purchased a Roku Ultra for faster speeds.

For me this was more for my parents as they watch live TV and sports and care more about the movies and the like.  It isn't a big loss on my end.  I will likely  just cancel it and see if they bring it back.  I will let my parents try it to see if they like it though.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV/HBO Max

Hi Roku team,

I hope someone from roku reads this as I could not locate an email address for support with the issues I have encountered.  I usually don't complain to a company as they try their best but this situation is unacceptable for a 40b company.  I use/used roku for youtube, netflix, hbo, and spectrum tv.  Once hbo converted to hbo max I was unable to locate the app to view hbo max to view on the roku device.  I looked for alternatives, the one that was working was to view hbo programming through the spectrum app. 

Recently I would go into the spectrum app and nothing would load, no channels and nothing from the on demand library.  So I looked up solutions for this problem.  The solution I found was to uninstall the spectrum app and re-install it.  After uninstalling it I was unable to locate the app to re-install.  I then read that recently the app was removed and can no longer be added.  I usually don't get mad at this kind of thing but this is a wtf situation. 

No hbo max, spectrum app didn't work, cannot add hbo max or spectrum.  Please provide a solution to this situation.  If a solution cannot be provided can you tell me what is the negotiations with hbo and spectrum, and how it works?  Right now I am so upset at this situation forcing me to watch hbo max and spectrum programming on a tablet.  I'm grateful for having a tablet at least to view the programming but what is the point of having a roku device at this point?!?!? 

Please pay hbo and spectrum, your company has been doing extremely well during the pandemic.  All I'm looking for is to watch hbo and spectrum on a full sized tv using roku while we all are being asked to stay at home.  

PLEASE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR SPECTRUM AND HBO MAX!!!

Level 9

Re: Spectrum TV/HBO Max

I just purchased a new home where Spectrum is the only option.   I hooked up my Roku Ultra and downloaded the Spectrum TV utility and all good.  Two weeks later I purchase a second Roku Ultra and proceed to set up the same only to find out I can no longer download the Spectrum TV utility.   What is the issue?   Did I make the wrong decision to go with Roku?

Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

Spectrum is the internet service provider. So Spectrum is not going to keep changing their app to match Roku everytime it has an Update. If that happens, it would mess up the other platforms like the Xbox ect that have the app on it as well. If you are a smaller platform (roku, Xbox, chromecast) it is your job to make your system compatible with the ISP, which is the huge umbrella above the rokus. That being said, roku and spectrum decided to pull the plug because they could not get the coding right to work with the Spectrum tv app. It's easy for folks to call and cuss out the cable company because they are easily acceptable but the fact us that roku engineers could not keep up with the app and honesly spectrum does not care to renew a contract with a company that can't get it together and take ownership as to why the app isn't working.

Level 9

So if not Roku for Spectrum, which hardware provider would you go with?

Level 7

I'm looking into the 4th gen chromecast that has google tv or the amazon fire stick.  Whichever one works is fine with me.  I'd just as soon stick with Roku but ??? 

0 Kudos
Level 9

I read somewhere that Spectrum TV is not available as a direct download for the firestick, but rather as a sideload from outside sources? 

Level 8

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

I’m having this same issue and livid! I called spectrum and they said as long as it was downloaded before yesterday than it should still work. Well it doesn’t, spectrum disappeared from my roku this morning. Nobody can help me and I just keep getting passed around. We bought roku specifically because spectrum told us we could stream on there and now suddenly they cancelled their agreement. I cannot find anyone from roku support to help either 

Level 7

Hi i did remove it but now i cant find it to install spectrum again. 

0 Kudos