Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angrycustomer1
Level 7

Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app? I bought two for my dad so he had cable again and both Spectrum and Roku claim that Roku devices can be used with the spectrum app. Did they really drop this with no documentation or publication of it whatsoever?? That’s absurd.

888 Replies
Blackduck21
Level 7

Spectrum TV

Thanks for nothing Roku and Spectrum.  I bought the **bleep** Roku so I could watch Spectrum in my basement in addition to the other channels you offer on Roku.  My Spectrum account says “despite our best efforts, Roku will not continue our agreement to allow users to access the spectrum app through Roku“.  Greedy bastards, all of you!

The_C-Master
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV

Yea.  Spectrum called me and offered me this service today and said I could get it through Roku.  I come to find that yesterday their contract with them ended.

They told me they were planning on getting it back most likely though.

It's a shame as I was going to recommend it to my parents who watch a lot of TV.

Does anybody know more about this?

They did tell me that if you had it downloaded already you could keep using it however.  I didn't as I got it today.  Might have to cancel the trial.

Ehearsle
Level 8

Re: spectrum app not working

As of 12/11/20:  Spectrum TV app  can no longer be installed on roku devices.  It will no longer work on roku devices for NEW setups. It will not be found in the app store any longer.

Existing  Spectrum TV apps on roku devices will continue to work

If uninstalled, spectrum TV app will not be available for new installation.

Nady20
Level 7

HBO via Spectrum issue

I have HBO via Spectrum and have been watching Watchmen series last two nights. I go to search on Roku Stick home page and type in Watchmen and Spectrum comes up as choice and labeled included then I'm good to go.

3rd day Spectrum doesn't come up as a choice and can't log onto HBO directly. I go through Spectrum App and can find it but it immediately locks up and kicks me back to home page.

Why did I lose Spectrum as option when searching for this?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO via Spectrum issue

You would have to ask Spectrum. Roku does not create or support channels for 3rd party providers. Spectrum has sole control over how their channel works on Roku devices. It sounds like they pushed an update out that broke something. That's something they need to know. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kc201212
Level 7

Why did it get discontinued?

Pauline89
Level 7

WHY!!!!?????

muser23
Level 7

Why would I continue with Roku? Or Spectrum? I’m done with both!

Photorooster
Level 7

I own a ROKU ULTRA and use the Spectrum TV App almost exclusively.  Why would Roku do away with this App?  If you use spectrum cable as your Wifi for Roku, its the only way to watch TV channels.   So now I have to buy a competitors streaming device that includes Spectrum TV and ditch my $99 Roku Ultra? 

Thanks Alot!