Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App--- Come on ROKU! Compromise

Jump to solution

The Spectrum TV app is not available on Android based streaming players, so no Fire TV or Shield. It is available on the Chromecast, Samsung TVs, XBox One and Apple TV. You can also get it on Android based phones and tablets, and iOS devices. Right now those are your only choices.

Remember that it isn't in Spectrum's best interest to settle with Roku. They would much rather rent you a cable box. But for all of you that use Spectrum, I do hope that an agreement is reached soon.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Forumro  to clarify what @atc98092 stated in terms of ChromeCast support: 

ChromeCast devices do NOT have native Spectrum TV app support.

(Spectrum is misleading about this on their platform support pages, until you drill down to how to use the Spectrum app on each platform, and it becomes clear they only support casting to ChromeCast devices).

They only support ChromeCast built-in receiving of GoogleCast/ChromeCast-based ("cast") streams from the Spectrum app of other devices (e.g. phones/tablets) - which any device with ChromeCast built-in support can do (e.g. TS4K, FireTV with third party app, Shield, O4KSB, or virtually any other Android-TV device).

So currently the only "streaming platform" devices with actual app support are Apple TV, XB, & Samsung TV (otherwise app support is available for mobile/tablet devices, which you can cast to ChromeCast built-in devices).

Considering Spectrum hasnt come to terms with Google for Android TV, LG for WebOS, Amazon for Fire TV or any other additional platforms to carry the Spectrum TV app in the several years since its been available, you are very unlikely to see it come to additional platforms before it ever comes to Roku again.

Do not buy a device assuming Spectrum might come that platform - only buy devices that are currently supported by the Spectrum TV app if you want to use the Spectrum TV app natively (not cast).

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Compromise is where both sides make concessions and come to an agreement.   What concessions have been made by Spectrum?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
dcisine
Level 7

Spectrum App disappeared from all my TVs

Jump to solution

All my TVs lost the Spectrum App.

I was using the app on my TVs earlier today when they started to have buffering issues.

Didn't use for an hours or so  then when to see if the issue cleared up and watch something the app is gone from all my tvs. I did not do anything to the TVs, or any channels, or my account.

I have used the app for several years so i was grandfathered' with the dispute between the 2 companies, so i never had an issue and it worked fine. Till just now.

Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spectrum App disappeared from all my TVs

Jump to solution

@dcisine

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
BlandUsername
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry but ROKU decided to remove the channel form the store not Spectrum. ROKU has the power to add it back

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I'm happy to share that the Spectrum TV app is now available on Roku devices.

For more information about this, visit our blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/spectrum-tv-app-roku

We will be closing this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post