Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayofGee
Level 9

Re: Not able to download the Spectrum TV app

Jump to solution

And now they are doing the same thing to YouTube TV.  Thanks Roku.

Robneace31
Level 8

Jump to solution

@JayofGee wrote:

And now they are doing the same thing to YouTube TV.  Thanks Roku.

That is messed up! ROKU is going down hill fast!!

DenM59
Level 9

Jump to solution

Its all been said in the attached posts but just wanted to add my comments. I recently signed up for Spectrum and was assured I could watch TV using my various ROKU devices. In the past I remember seeing the Spectrum TV app so I foolishly believed them. Unfortunately it appears there is a stand off between ROKU and Spectrum and until this is resolved the Spectrum TV app is no longer available for new subscribers. This is a known issue so shame on me for not doing my homework. Having read the various posts from ROKU employees playing the blame game I have to say they are not helpful. Hopefully ROKU and Spectrum will reach an agreement in the near future but if not I will seriously have to reconsider my future patronage of ROKU, Spectrum or both.

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DenM59 wrote:

Its all been said in the attached posts but just wanted to add my comments. I recently signed up for Spectrum and was assured I could watch TV using my various ROKU devices. In the past I remember seeing the Spectrum TV app so I foolishly believed them. Unfortunately it appears there is a stand off between ROKU and Spectrum and until this is resolved the Spectrum TV app is no longer available for new subscribers. This is a known issue so shame on me for not doing my homework. Having read the various posts from ROKU employees playing the blame game I have to say they are not helpful. Hopefully ROKU and Spectrum will reach an agreement in the near future but if not I will seriously have to reconsider my future patronage of ROKU, Spectrum or both.

By your own admission it was Spectrum that misled you - more than 7 months after the carriage dispute started (and yes, you should have known better).

Not sure what "Roku Employees" posts' you read that "play the blame game", but, its a carriage dispute, so technically both parties are at fault/responsible.

Its reasonable to question further subscription/purchase of either/both companies devices/services - just make sure that what you do purchase/subscribe to is supported by the devices/in the manner you want before purchase/subscription.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ErieMarty
Level 7

Jump to solution

Don't kick yourself in the **bleep** to much.  You were looking for an honest answer from Spectrum and didn't get it.  Its not like this is just a few weeks into the issues between Roku and Spectrum and maybe not all customer server reps are aware of it.

But by now I am sure the CSR reps for both Spectrum and Roku have heard enough of the complaining to them about something they don't have control over.

Maybe go back to Spectrum and tell them only reason you signed up for spectrum is because I was told by one of your employee that I could stream the channels on the Roku App and I found out later I can't

What are you going to do for me.. if nothing I will have to look for other options..

See what they say.

I am one of the lucky one who got roku in the middle of last year..and still have the app on my Roku.

But to be honest..everytime I turn on that extra TV ..I am afraid somehow its going to be gone...

0 Kudos
CucamongaRed
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

I am about to replace my 5 active Roku devises with AppleTV units due to the inability of Roku to reach an agreement with Spectrum on the app.

danwgreen
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

I bought the Apple Tv unit and got Apple tv free for a year! Spectrum works great on it! 

0 Kudos
SweetP1058
Level 7

Re: so when do I get spectrum back???

Jump to solution

@sabrin514 wrote:

I have the Spectrum app on all my devices. It had continued to work until Roku and Spectrum had their dispute and I got a warning message not to remove the spectrum app from the device or it would not be able to be re-added due to the dispute. Everything was okay until February when we canceled our acocunt with Spectrum and got a new spectrum account in my roommate's name so that we could get the "new Spectrum customer" deal and save $40 a month for the same plan we had.

Once we activated the new account with Spectrum, the Spectrum app on the Roku started giving an error message even though we were using our new account ID and password. So having the Spectrum app on the Roku was not our issue. The issue was that Roku or Spectrum deliberately blocked a "new" Spectrum user from accessing the app even though it was otherwise installed and working on the Roku device.

I think that Spectrum doesn't give a cr4p because they would prefer you pay and extra $10 per month to rent one of  their cr4appy boxes and Roku is adding all these other streaming channels inside of their own Roku app, so they would probably prefer you purchase your channels through them since I'm sure they profit from that. It's extremely predatory of Roku to have these sudden pretentious "disputes" with cable providers like Spectrum as well as YoutubeTV to make it difficult for their users to get the channels they want from elsewhere. I think what they are doing is predatory, dishonest, and even not leg_al.

Well that explains why I can’t no longer use mine ***big eye roll***. That’s just dumb and unfair. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Re: so when do I get spectrum back???

Jump to solution

@SweetP1058 wrote:

@sabrin514 wrote:

I have the Spectrum app on all my devices. It had continued to work until Roku and Spectrum had their dispute and I got a warning message not to remove the spectrum app from the device or it would not be able to be re-added due to the dispute. Everything was okay until February when we canceled our acocunt with Spectrum and got a new spectrum account in my roommate's name so that we could get the "new Spectrum customer" deal and save $40 a month for the same plan we had.

Once we activated the new account with Spectrum, the Spectrum app on the Roku started giving an error message even though we were using our new account ID and password. So having the Spectrum app on the Roku was not our issue. The issue was that Roku or Spectrum deliberately blocked a "new" Spectrum user from accessing the app even though it was otherwise installed and working on the Roku device.

I think that Spectrum doesn't give a cr4p because they would prefer you pay and extra $10 per month to rent one of  their cr4appy boxes and Roku is adding all these other streaming channels inside of their own Roku app, so they would probably prefer you purchase your channels through them since I'm sure they profit from that. It's extremely predatory of Roku to have these sudden pretentious "disputes" with cable providers like Spectrum as well as YoutubeTV to make it difficult for their users to get the channels they want from elsewhere. I think what they are doing is predatory, dishonest, and even not leg_al.

Well that explains why I can’t no longer use mine ***big eye roll***. That’s just dumb and unfair. 

What further explains why you can't use the Spectrum app is the dispute between Charter Communications and Roku is still ongoing, and If and when the dispute is resolved, the Spectrum app will come back, but not until then. 

0 Kudos
Forumro
Level 7

Spectrum App--- Come on ROKU! Compromise

Jump to solution

This fight between Roku and Spectrum has gone on to long. One of biggest reason for me using ROKU was the use of Spectrum App. IF this goes on and on someone...Fire Tv, Samsung, etc will pick it up. So Roku cuts off its nose, etc. etc and I am forced on to some other streaming device....Everyones loses....