Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Gauthier_Jr
Level 7

Re: I am considering leaving Roku to Amazon firestick over their dumping of Spectrum App

Jump to solution

Correction to my last post due to autocorrect. 

Locast.org not locate. Sorry, I missed it.

0 Kudos
michael7700
Level 7

Spectrum app won't work on any roku player

Jump to solution

Spectrum says Roku company wont pay the fee. Roku says it a Spectrum the problem. Here's what i know, you still need a cable company to work with the other apps. All i know is the comsumer is caught in the middle with no one to talk to at Roku. Once Comcast Xfinity gets on board with Spectrum, Roku is done and watch the stock price fall - cord cutting failure

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Re: Spectrum app won't work on any roku player

Jump to solution

If you're looking for a cable company app to run on your streaming device, then I would call that more of a "failure to cut the cord" than a "cord cutting failure". Not that there is anything wrong with choosing not to cut a cord. There are, however, many apps on Roku that are not connected to a cable account.  You may want to experiment a bit to see if there are some non-cord things that you like as much as the cord-related channels that you are currently used to.  There are also packages on Roku that are "virtual cords" like SlingTV etc.

In any case, these disagreements between various entertainment entities have been going on for many decades now.  I don't expect them to end any time soon.

C_I
Level 12

Re: I am considering leaving Roku to Amazon firestick over their dumping of Spectrum App

Jump to solution

@Jim_Gauthier_Jr wrote:

Correction to my last post due to autocorrect. 

Locast.org not locate. Sorry, I missed it.

Locast.org is only available in certain areas and may not be available in your area. But, also try Pluto TV, , Stirr ,  the free standing NBC app where you can broadcast your local station, same with ABC and CBS. Those are free but you must authenticate it with you cable or satellite provider. Also, consider Plex  which is a free app and has live channel streaming and is free app but you only have to pay if you have get a passport which enables some of the advanced features. Also, look into the live channel feed Roku initiated  last year on the Roku Channel. There's 100 plus channels there also , and all for free. 

0 Kudos
vidtech
Level 7

TV app question, can I get the Spectrum app to work?

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku ultra for a tv in a spare bedroom. This TV gets very light use, sometime months go by without turning it on.  A house guest mentioned that the Spectrum cable tv app wont work. 

I read that the agreement with Roku and Spectrum is no longer in effect. 

I also read that if you had previously downloaded the app and used it successfully it should still work. Is this still true 7/13/21 or has that also ceased.

Is there anyway to get the Ultra to work with Spectrum cable or am I out of luck

I never deleted the original Spectrum App

0 Kudos
triptee
Level 7

Re: so when do I get spectrum back???

Jump to solution

Try this, it works if you had spectrum before the **bleep** hit the fan in December.

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the Spectrum app on all my devices. It had continued to work until Roku and Spectrum had their dispute and I got a warning message not to remove the spectrum app from the device or it would not be able to be re-added due to the dispute. Everything was okay until February when we canceled our acocunt with Spectrum and got a new spectrum account in my roommate's name so that we could get the "new Spectrum customer" deal and save $40 a month for the same plan we had.

Once we activated the new account with Spectrum, the Spectrum app on the Roku started giving an error message even though we were using our new account ID and password. So having the Spectrum app on the Roku was not our issue. The issue was that Roku or Spectrum deliberately blocked a "new" Spectrum user from accessing the app even though it was otherwise installed and working on the Roku device.

I think that Spectrum doesn't give a cr4p because they would prefer you pay and extra $10 per month to rent one of  their cr4appy boxes and Roku is adding all these other streaming channels inside of their own Roku app, so they would probably prefer you purchase your channels through them since I'm sure they profit from that. It's extremely predatory of Roku to have these sudden pretentious "disputes" with cable providers like Spectrum as well as YoutubeTV to make it difficult for their users to get the channels they want from elsewhere. I think what they are doing is predatory, dishonest, and even not leg_al.

0 Kudos
ErieMarty
Level 7

Jump to solution

You are calling out Roku for being dishonest.  By dropping your name from the spectrum account and adding your roommate its being dishonest too... to save money (which I can understand)

I am sure in Spectrum/Roku eyes..its not the same account that you had prior to their fight .. Its a new account which means you can't use the Roku App to watch Spectrum TV..

I personally think if you have one cable box..you should be able to have as many Roku connections as you want.. I use the Spectrum Roku App to watch TV outside when I have a fire pit or friends over.  I am lucky as I downloaded in the middle of 2020..and its still good

Its a lot easier than running a 50 FT Cable line from basement window to outside to another cable box...

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@ErieMarty wrote:

You are calling out Roku for being dishonest.  By dropping your name from the spectrum account and adding your roommate its being dishonest too... to save money (which I can understand)

I am sure in Spectrum/Roku eyes..its not the same account that you had prior to their fight .. Its a new account which means you can't use the Roku App to watch Spectrum TV..

I personally think if you have one cable box..you should be able to have as many Roku connections as you want.. I use the Spectrum Roku App to watch TV outside when I have a fire pit or friends over.  I am lucky as I downloaded in the middle of 2020..and its still good

Its a lot easier than running a 50 FT Cable line from basement window to outside to another cable box...

That's the point of the app- so customers don't have to add another cable box and save money. But why do you seem like the only one with the Roku Spectrum TV app to have it work? Regardless of when you downloaded it. Many others have had it longer and they can't get access to it regardless of how long they've had it.  For most, regardless of when they downloaded app they can't access it. And they won't be able to do so until the dispute is settled, so good for you that you can still access it even amid the dispute between Roku and Charter Communications. 

0 Kudos
BlandUsername
Level 8

Jump to solution

@MilesT wrote:

I am not a US Roku user, but from what I understand of the situation is Spectrum withdrew from the Roku platform, because Spectrum didn't like the contract terms that Roku was now applying.

Wrong. Roku removed Spectrum app form their store. Roku has had issues with HBO max, Peacock and current YouTubeTV within the last year. it's CLEAR to see who the trouble maker is

0 Kudos