Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku box on a Roku TV?

Jump to solution

@Rick32 wrote:

Roku and Spectrum have been in a spat for over 6 months, that app is unavailable.  Thanks for the replies!

Yes, they've been in a carriage dispute for 6 months, and the app is still available from the Roku channel store (hidden, not directly user accessible for now) and from Spectrum (via private/developer link with code) - for Spectrum TV subscribers that downloaded/used the app prior to December 13th and have maintained continuous TV service on the same spectrum account.

(This is what allows the Spectrum app to be re-downloaded/installed if you factory reset a device, or if you buy a new device and add it to your current account that has the Spectrum app already associated with it, and also allows it to be updated (which it has been)...)

It is not available for customers that are not subject to the specific conditions previously mentioned.

0 Kudos
RushMan
Level 7

Re: PLEASE PUT BACK SPECTRUM TV APP!!!!

Jump to solution

I literally just bought a ROKU Ultra for my dad on Father’s Day and it doesn’t have Spectrum?! Literally the only reason I wanted to get him a streaming box was so he could have his Spectrum easily accessible. How STUPID of Roku to be in a contract dispute? It’s not Spectrum’s job to cater to you when their customers already pay $170 to them PER MONTH. Apple TV it is 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: PLEASE PUT BACK SPECTRUM TV APP!!!!

Jump to solution

@RushMan wrote:

I literally just bought a ROKU Ultra for my dad on Father’s Day and it doesn’t have Spectrum?! Literally the only reason I wanted to get him a streaming box was so he could have his Spectrum easily accessible. How STUPID of Roku to be in a contract dispute? It’s not Spectrum’s job to cater to you when their customers already pay $170 to them PER MONTH. Apple TV it is 

The carriage dispute has been going on for over 6 months - hard to explain how you or other customers missed it at this point...

Shouldnt you have verified the Spectrum app was available on the product, before you bought it? 

If you had done a rudimentary internet search using "Roku Spectrum" as your terms with either Bing or Google, you would have immediately seen the dispute/unavailability mentioned in the results - pretty hard to miss all the stories/articles/links...

Regardless, you seem to have settled on a supported solution, so "all's well that ends well".

0 Kudos
sabrin514
Level 9

Jump to solution

Why would you buy a Roku TV from this awful company? I buy a new TV 2 days ago, saw Roku TV's, and kept right on walking. Bought a Samsung SmartTV and it's great.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sabrin514 wrote:

Why would you buy a Roku TV from this awful company? 

Roku TVs are not manufactured by Roku. About a dozen different companies make them. Roku only supplies the operating system. And considering it's still the most used streaming player, I'd say most users are satisfied with them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ErieMarty
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have no problems with Roku.. as I was lucky enough to down load the spectrum app prior to there there problems with Roku

Main reason I bought a Roku..so I could set up a TV outside and not have to run a cable line from my basement ..out the basement window to a cable box when I want to want to watch TV outside.. When I set up my portable firepit or just in general

0 Kudos
Jake22451
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app no longer available to be installed

Jump to solution

Roku is useless to me without Spectrum. Sorry I bought the Roku

0 Kudos
BlandUsername
Level 8

Re: Spectrum app no longer available to be installed

Jump to solution

@Jake22451 wrote:

Roku is useless to me without Spectrum. Sorry I bought the Roku

Well this has been going on for 6 months now so if you bought one recently that's on you

0 Kudos
BlandUsername
Level 8

Jump to solution

@sabrin514 wrote:

Why would you buy a Roku TV from this awful company? I buy a new TV 2 days ago, saw Roku TV's, and kept right on walking. Bought a Samsung SmartTV and it's great.

No everyone want to pay double for a TV. We will see how long Samsung actually updates that TV OS

0 Kudos
JayElle
Level 7

Spectrum TV app. Issue

Jump to solution

Moved to a new apt. last week. I've had my Roku sticks for a few years and have streamed the Spectrum TV app. on both without issue. I transferred my Spectrum service to my new place, but now my Rokus won't allow me to log into my existing Spectrum app. It works on my cell but not through the Rokus. It takes me to a login screen but fails to allow me access and provides the "App Unavailable on Roku" message before and after I attempt to log in. My understanding was that as long as I was an existing customer with the app. installed I wouldn't have this issue. Now I have no cable access. Super annoying to have to deal with right now. Please assist. 

0 Kudos