Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Level 12

Re: Roku 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

@MN21 wrote:

SInce the 5-13-2021 update, my Spectrum app will not work. I keep getting the code RLP-1031. Spectrum tech support says it is a Roku issue. There is nothing wrong with the WiFi connection, as it shows strong signal. I did the network connection reset and it did not make any difference. I can access Netflix and Amazon through Roku, just not local tv channels through the Spectrum app. I have read the feed and see that many others are dealing with the issue between Roku and Spectrum. Will the Spectrum code "really work" if I delete the app and attempt to reinstall it???  HELP

Short answer, NO. Spectrum is in a dispute with Roku because of which, the app was removed from Roku and it hasn't come back! 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 5-13-2021 Update Issue

Jump to solution

NO! Do not remove the Spectrum channel at this time. If you do, there is no way to get it back. Only once Spectrum and Roku complete an agreement will the channel be available again in the channel store.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Re: Complaints

Jump to solution

Same fkn problem with me. I uninstalled the app by mistake and now have no tv. Tv also mounted in living room. Everything Roku will go in the trash soon. 

Consumer204
Level 7

Spectrum TV app complaint

Jump to solution

I just bought 3 roku devices for a rental unit that I own trying to get rid of the confusing cable box and multiple remotes that confuse my guests.  Thinking ROKU would be a great solution to put into guest mode and show renters how to add the spectrum app and broaden their entertainment options with the other apps avaiable in ROKU.  What a bust.  You guys can't add spectrum back?  Are you that petty to only allow your content.  Even You Tube TV got cut off.  I want to return these are they are not worth the monty now.  What a pain.  Please grow up as a company and support your customers.  You need to start getting back intune with them before you loose your grip on the market.

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

B52D1B66-ABED-42D3-A8F4-D33EA018747A.png

Anyone else getting this?

0 Kudos
Ktohio70
Level 8

Jump to solution

Everyone. Spectrum stopped its service with Roku. 

0 Kudos
ianchama
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine still works. Odd. Brand new TV and one that’s about 6 months old. App works on both. I guess I need to shutdown automatic updates or something lol

0 Kudos
Jim575
Level 7

Spectrum cable provider not on my home page. I clicked on it but it was not saved to my home screen.

Jump to solution

I use ROKU to watch cable tv in my garage. it works in my bedroom but am not able to reset existing ROKU to access Spectrum in garage?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum cable provider not on my home page. I clicked on it but it was not saved to my home scr

Jump to solution

The carriage agreement between Spectrum and Roku expired months ago and the two companies have not been reach an agreement on renewal.  Unless an agreement is reached Roku accounts that don't already have the Spectrum app installed will not be able to add it but already installed Spectrum apps should continue to run.

Roku channel apps are attached to your Roku account and all Roku units linked to that same Roku account should get the same list of channel apps, except that apps that require the advanced capabilities of newer units may not install on older models.

What Roku models and model numbers do you have in the bedroom and garage?  See Roku menu path Settings - System - About to find out.  This will also show you the Roku account each unit is linked to, indicated by email address -- are both units linked go the same account?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Cvetko
Level 7

Getting fed up with roku and spectrum

Jump to solution

I am getting fed up with this roku/charter dispute. I can switch from roku, but not my cable provider.  I have also read that spectrum has reached back out to roku and roku has not responded. Roku is about to lose me.

0 Kudos