Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV App

Jump to solution

If you were using the Spectrum channel before the contract expired, and it's still on your existing players, it should install automatically on any new player linked to your account. And if you don't have it on your current players, but again had been using it before the contract issue, Spectrum has a private code that will allow you to add the channel back to your account, which again will add it to all devices. 

But if you didn't use the channel prior to the contract issue, then you're stuck until they again come to an agreement. Just my personal opinion, but I don't think Spectrum really cares if they get back on Roku devices. They would much rather rent you a cable box for each TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

I don't have anything to add to what @atc98092 suggested. I am curious, though. Does Fire TV (stick or otherwise) have the Spectrum app?

If so, that makes perfect sense to go that route if you qualify for the app but get no satisfaction from Spectrum regarding Roku devices.

If not, what's the reason for choosing a Fire TV device? 

DBDukes

Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

To my understanding, Spectrum isn't available on the Fire TV. It is available on some Android devices, but mostly tablets and phones, and the Chromecast. I have heard that it can be side-loaded, but those can be problematic. I know when I look in the Google play store, it's listed there but "not compatible" with my Shield players. 

Dan

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@ksmith1413 wrote:

Is there any update on the Spectrum App being readded to the Roku store? I was going to purchase 5 more Roku devices but if the app isn't going to be supported then I might as well go with a fire stick.

There's no telling if/when any agreement with Spectrum & Roku will occur, and unfettered/unrestricted access to the Spectrum app will continue again.

However, regardless of the Roku Spectrum app scenario, Spectrum isnt available on FireTV devices:

https://www.spectrum.com/apps/spectrum-tv-app

0 Kudos
PBJ13
Level 7

Spectrum Ap - Going Away?

Jump to solution

I am hearing rumors that the Spectrum Ap that is currently on Roku is going away.  Has anyone else heard this?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Spectrum Ap - Going Away?

Jump to solution

The Spectrum channel has been gone since January for new users. That is when the contract between Roku and Spectrum expired. If you had it before then, you got to keep it. If it was removed by mistake, Spectrum can give you a private channel code to add if back. If you were not using the Spectrum channel prior to that January date, you are out of luck and cannot add it to your Roku devices. 

Will Spectrum and Roku come to terms and get the channel back in the store? Perhaps, anything is possible. But in my opinion Spectrum has more to gain by not having a Roku channel any longer, as then they can rent you all those cable boxes for a nice monthly fee. 

And don't think you can switch to a Android player, like a Shield or Fire TV. They don't have an app there either. They only currently offer an app for iOS, Android tablets and phones, Samsung TVs, and XBox players. Apparently you can't side-load an app onto an Android player either. While it will install it won't work.

Dan

JC12
Level 9

Re: How to reclaim Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

Horrible! I can’t no longer watch spectrum on all my Roku’s! Throwing everything Roku in the trash soon. 

Beardgod
Level 7

Re: Spectrum Ap - Going Away?

Jump to solution

Yeah you know what spectrum! I mean honestly their service sucks they're a piece of company. I actually didn't want to buy the house I moved to because I moved into a part of San Diego that doesn't have Cox and I have to live with spectrum. But I manage 50 vacation rentals some of which are $10,000 a week so I have to have cable at those. But I literally just spent 5 hours trying to figure out how to side load the spectrum app on to the six Roku TVs that I have in this new house and I just realized I can't add it so spectrum can kiss my ass I'm going to pay them $69 a month for their internet service and I'm going to purchase a YouTubeTV account for $69 a month. Honestly between the YouTube TV account and the Internet fees I'm going to pay less than if I kept their stupid ass cable service anyway. And that's to pay for stupid ass channels that I don't even want. I have to pay for stupid ass channels on YouTube too but I pay for less of them...

suzyhen
Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

You would have to mirror it from a device. If you have an ipad the roku would have to be fairly new. Just another way to get screwed out of hard earned money.

0 Kudos
goodole1
Level 8

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

I have two Roku sticks less than a year old and one new Roku Ultra. How do you mirror?

Thanks

0 Kudos