Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simplejoyz
Level 8

Re: Spectrum App going away? C'mon Man!

Yeah I used it before the dispute but uninstalled it because it was having issues. I called them up and they said there’s no way to get it back so I call shenanigans. Plus if there was such a link it would have widely circulated by now. 

0 Kudos
Stef0-o
Level 7

Spectrum u greedy **bleep**s

I want spectrumSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
Nykol
Level 7

Spectrum cable app gone

Apparently Roku no longer had the Spectrum TV app. Supposedly there was a notification that this was happening which I never saw. Now the only solution is to pay more money each montb for cable routers for each of our 5 Roku TVs or go buy chromecasts for each of them! I went with Rokus because of the convenience of everything being on the TV... Is there any chance they'd add it back? 

Strega
Level 12

Re: Spectrum cable app gone

Chance? yes.  Likely? Who knows? You might want to browse some of the other threads on this but the summary is that when you have a contract negotiation between two companies, no one can really be sure when or if it will end.  Since Spectrum can charge rent for their cable boxes, they may not even really want it to end.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nykol

Thanks for the post.

Customers have stated that if you previously had the Spectrum channel on your Roku device, you can contact the channel provider and they can possibly assist you with adding the channel back. Have you tried contacting the channel provider for further assistance?

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Level 8

When I contacted them they were very blunt in that once it’s gone, it’s gone and can’t be added back. How on earth would that work anyway? Not like they have access to our Roku devices like they would their routers or cable boxes. 

0 Kudos
JC2020
Level 8

@Simplejoyz wrote:

When I contacted them they were very blunt in that once it’s gone, it’s gone and can’t be added back. How on earth would that work anyway? Not like they have access to our Roku devices like they would their routers or cable boxes. 

Simplejoyz, I wonder what would happen if you called again and talked to a different tech support person. When I phoned and told the rep that the app vanished from my ROKU TV (I did NOT delete it myself), the rep talked me through getting it re-installed using a special code. After I went through the steps, it took a day, but the app did reappear. 

0 Kudos
Klpbliss
Level 1

Re: Spectrum App Deleted and Recovered!

This code said not available in my area, the latest update deleted the app on my tv and now I can’t watch my cable.. I hope this doesn’t happen to my additional TVs. 

0 Kudos