Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MVS1
Level 7

Spectrum Q

My wife and I apparently need to return this ROKU tv we bought from Walmart, since it’s worthless to us since we can’t get the Spectrum app installed. Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace the RIKU tv with, so we can get Spectrum, since we don’t have a choice ?

0 Kudos
FKK
Level 7

Get over it ROKU

This is a similar vent that I posted on Spectrum. 
Let’s get on with it. I am heavily invested in Roku equipment and trying to cut off my direct tv in favor of spectrum. Roku is again dragging it’s heals as is spectrum in service negotiations. Same thing occurred with ATT previously. I am close to cutting the cord and using my equipment for target practice 

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Re: Spectrum Q

@MVS1 wrote:

My wife and I apparently need to return this ROKU tv we bought from Walmart, since it’s worthless to us since we can’t get the Spectrum app installed. Anyone have any suggestions on what to replace the RIKU tv with, so we can get Spectrum, since we don’t have a choice ?

Unfortunately, this is on Roku and Charter Communications Spectrum. And besides, we all understand that all channel apps in the streaming channels menu are subject to change with or without notice..  Whether we like it or not.  

0 Kudos
tonylom3
Level 8

I am considering switching to Chromecast devices myself.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/using-chromecast-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom

Good luck,

-Tony

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@tonylom3 wrote:

I am considering switching to Chromecast devices myself.

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/using-chromecast-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom

Good luck,

-Tony

Just as an FYI, that article is about casting the Spectrum app from a mobile device to a ChromeCast-compatible device - there is no CC-device native Spectrum app being used.

While that is a perfectly valid means of usage, it requires that the app be installed on the mobile device, and in casting mode - without the app installed+casting enabled/active, you wont be able to watch TV this way.

This is similar to using Miracast (which Roku supports) to mirror:  without the Spectrum app installed on the mobile device +mirroring enabled/active, you wont be able to watch TV.

So while its a good idea to have an alternate streaming device (CC or CC-compatible) for all sorts of reasons, its not much (CC casting has somewhat better performance over Miracast mirroring) if any advantage over Roku when it comes to watching Spectrum TV:   there is no platform app available (still is for pre-dispute users on Roku), and the mobile app must be installed and must be cast for the entire watching session (which is not very different than mirroring the app using Miracast to a Roku).

You would be much better served using a device with a native app either on the TV itself (Samsung) or connected to the TV (XBox/ATV).

0 Kudos
QueetQueet
Level 8

Re: SPECTRUM!!

I just found out 3 days ago after I purchased Another Roku device and did an upgrade I DO NOT LIKE THIS DANG WHY THEY DO THIS I LOVE ROKU BUT I DONT KIKE IT ANYMORE ESPECIALLY WITHOUT SPECTRUM APP I KNOW WE CAN WATCH IT ON PHONES BUT I DO NOT WANT TOO UGGGGG REALLY ROKU..

0 Kudos
QueetQueet
Level 8

Dang I am so late I still had the spectrum app on my Roku until today I am so upset and will be returning the New device I just got my son is not happy also uggg well nomore Roku for me 🤷🏾‍♀️

0 Kudos
QueetQueet
Level 8

Absolutely.me too I have 3 in my house uggggg

0 Kudos
MsLewis
Level 7

Re: Spectrum App

This is upsetting. I just purchase an AppleTV device through Spectrum so I can get the channel. I currently have ALL Roku TVs but have made my last purchase. There could’ve been an option for customers to pay for the channel if it was that important. Oh well money lost for Roku. I will be sure to tell friends and family not to waste their money also!!! 

0 Kudos
Alex7
Level 7

Re: Told to return device to warehouse. Given no address

I can not use my Roku Premiere because I can not use Spectrum APP.

0 Kudos