Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HornyToad1
Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

I have been using a Roku Ultra device and a Sharp Roku TV for over a year with the Spectrum app loaded and running. Don't believe that existing customers won't be effected. My Spectrum channel using the Roku Ultra just "disappeared" about a month ago, then the Sharp Roku TV lost the Spectrum channel disappeared while trying to load (preparing your Spectrum experience) about 1 week ago. 

So far Roku and Spectrum are still not playing well in the sandbox. They each blame the other and customers are paying the price. 

I can still get Spectrum on my phone and do screen mirroring, but that's not what I paid for originally. 

They are all trying to make us believe it's the new normal...like having to wear masks 😷! 

People, we're slowly losing our rights !!

jed993
Level 7

Re: Spectrum app missing from home screen

@rsierra - You didn't mention what brand of tv you are buying.  I bought a Samsung tv about a year ago mostly because it was able to run the Spectrum app. I have an LG, and the Spectrum app was never available.  The Spectrum app did not come pre-installed.  Also, the Spectrum app takes 45-60 seconds to start running, unlike the Roku version, which just takes a few seconds.

On a side note, I have Netflix installed on the tv as well.  Most shows appear quite darker than when running thru the Roku.  If you search the net, there are many complaints about this.

0 Kudos
Benblanco
Level 7

Why they took out the spectrum app

why did take outvthe spectrum app from the roku I have a 58 TV wth a roku build in it my TV is a hennisen and I want to know why that how I watch my cable TV 

0 Kudos
angelpark
Level 7

Spectrum

If I get a new Roku device to replace a cheaper Roku device on the same tv, will I lose the Spectrum app? At this point I’m even afraid if I ever have to reset Roku device for fear that my Spectrum app won’t be accessible anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Re: spectrum app not working

@HornyToad1 

This might sound like a dumb question, but why are you using a Roku device when you have a Roku TV.? 

0 Kudos
Berrybelle0310
Level 7

Spectrum for roku

I deleted my spectrum app and now I can’t add the channel. What can I do to fix that problem? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: Spectrum for roku

You shouldn't have removed it.  There's no way to get it back unless/until Roku and Spectrum work out their differences.

0 Kudos
dani3lcarson_20
Level 7

Hopefully they get it fix soon. I just got spectrum and I'm waiting on box and I bought roku thinking I can use it thru App.

0 Kudos
craftsmanDan
Level 7

you can get it back.  I did it today.  Call Spectrum tech support and tell them you had the app on Roku and deleted it by mistake.  They will send you to a higher level support person who will send you a link to get the app back on your Roku. When you do that it will appear at the bottom of your app list and of course you can reposition it to the top as desired.

0 Kudos
Remark
Level 7

Re: Spectrum

That just happened to me.  I wasn't aware of the rift between Roku and Spectrum when I upgraded my Roku device.  I came on this Community site for help as to why I couldn't finish the setup of the new Roku.  I can't even re-install the older model that worked with Spectrum.  I can't get a support rep on the phone to resolve the issue, but according to what I'm reading, I guess it can't be resolved.  Can't watch my regular channels anymore...😫

0 Kudos