Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twhjr
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Roku, I AM a current Spectrum customer who uses your Roku Sticks and Roku TV's in two separate houses paying for two full Silver and Gold Households.  I have over 12 sticks and 4 TV's registered with you.  Fix the contract with them NOW!  And Spectrum, fix the issue with Roku NOW!  I will replace everything with Apple TV's, if needed and will dump Spectrum as well.  Am allowed to install antennas in the roof with homeowners associations and that's the route I will take!

This kind of **bleep** really hurts your brand gentlemen.  I won't forget, and to just blow me off without a reply is shameless.  

DU85
Level 7

In the same situation in that I have a Roku TV in a basement living space.  Guests loved having "cable TV" available.  I received no notice either.  Roku and Spectrum need to compromise, i.e. not be so greedy!  Also an angry customer! (I hope there are many more!!!)

RD700User85012
Level 7

Re: Please add the Spectum TV app back to the channel store already, will ya?

I agree with you.  This is an article that Spectrum wrote about the Roku App.  I am not sure why Roku all of sudden can't agree with Spectrum to carry the app but it needs to be known and known right away.  

Article from Spectrum:

Despite our best efforts to reach an agreement, Roku has not accepted Spectrum's offer to continue our contract that allowed customers to access the Spectrum TV app on Roku devices.

This change may prevent new downloads of the Spectrum TV app to your Roku device, but you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet.

If you already use the Spectrum TV app on Roku, your service shouldn’t be affected.

Be sure not to uninstall the app, but you can still add devices by signing in to your current account.

If you’re new to Roku, or if you have not yet downloaded the app, you can still access Spectrum programming on another device or use your smartphone or laptop to screen mirror Spectrum content to your Roku supported devices. Find out about using Apple AirPlay or HomeKit to cast or stream content. Get details on screen mirroring from your Android device.

Find out more about using the Spectrum TV app, or get help to troubleshoot common concerns.

chasingtime
Level 7

Spectrum

Without spectrum app, my family will be forced to stop using the Roku. 

0 Kudos
Pcxmike
Level 7

Re: Spectrum

I agree. We have one Roku tv and 5 other Roku devices. Without the spectrum app I may need to go another route. Very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
Er1
Level 7

Next time won’t be buying Roku!!!!

0 Kudos
Er1
Level 7

You are not alone! Roku just earned another angry customer! Can no longer recommend Roku and will ultimately replace Roku tv with Samsung smart tv if Roku fails to bring back Spectrum app!

0 Kudos
Mspabaakhh93
Level 7

@atc98092 well when you pay for cable and have to use the spectrum app... no no there isn't! Atleast not Without paying 65dollars a month. 

0 Kudos
whurledpeaz
Level 7

Re: spectrum app not working

Corporate greed on both sides.

Goodbye roku it was nice to have you but this kind of b.s. is unacceptable. My new samsung tv plays the spectrum app just fine. The roku tvs I have won't be replaced with roku devices. I've recommended roku to lots of friends and family in the past but no more.

ARE YOU LISTENING ROKU? you did it to yourself!

StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: spectrum app not working

@whurledpeaz wrote:

Corporate greed on both sides.

Goodbye roku it was nice to have you but this kind of b.s. is unacceptable. My new samsung tv plays the spectrum app just fine. The roku tvs I have won't be replaced with roku devices. I've recommended roku to lots of friends and family in the past but no more.

ARE YOU LISTENING ROKU? you did it to yourself!

If you believe its "corporate greed on both sides", why are you "punishing" Roku and "rewarding" Spectrum?

Either you don't really believe its corporate greed, or you aren't really saying goodbye....

0 Kudos