Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AURick2001
Level 9

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

You need to call their customer service tomorrow or Monday or get on their chat. The company does not seem to read or comment on these posts. Roku says they aren't to blame. Need to chat or call Spectrum as well. Give them both a piece of your mind. 

flur60
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ruko says they're not to blame but it takes two to tango.

I'll return my new Ruko TV and get something compatible with with Spectrum.

0 Kudos
tk0084
Level 9

Jump to solution

@atc98092 

Wrong.  Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV (2012 and newer), and Chromecast all support Spectrum TV app.  You can also stream to your phone and then use a mirroring app to send to your tv.

0 Kudos
JC2020
Level 8

Jump to solution

tk0084 –– We purchased our ROKU TVs because they were uncomplicated: Turn on TV, see the Spectrum channel lineup, click on channel to view. We are not going to purchase new devices and go through the hassle of mirroring content. ROKU and Spectrum need to work out their differences. 

0 Kudos
DiDi32
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just bought a first Roku for my husband on Cyber Monday to give to him for Xmas. The goal was to use it in our bedroom and access the Spectrum app. Figure it out and come to an agreement. 

JC12
Level 9

SPECTRUM!!

Jump to solution

WTF!!! BRING BACK SPECTRUM!!!

JC12
Level 9

Re: SPECTRUM!!

Jump to solution

YES!!!! BRING IT BACK OR ROKUS ARE GOING IN THE TRASH!!

C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@Angrycustomer1 wrote:

Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app? I bought two for my dad so he had cable again and both Spectrum and Roku claim that Roku devices can be used with the spectrum app. Did they really drop this with no documentation or publication of it whatsoever?? That’s absurd.

i doubt that, my niece has a Roku TV and she has Spectrum through her TV and she hasn't said anything about Roku dropping it.  And even if it did, Roku says that channels are subject to change without notice. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Spectrum's contract with Roku expired, and they have not re-negotiated yet. The channel has been removed from the store, but both Roku and Spectrum have said that people with the channel already installed would still be able to use it. However, some users have either reported it as no longer working, or it disappeared from their devices without their action.

So yes, it's no longer available but supposed to still work if you previously had it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

I'm assuming that you are only referring to the Spectrum app My niece gets Soectrum through her Roku TV, and she pays Spectrum directly for that.

0 Kudos