Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjbied
Level 9

Re: spectrum app not working

Jump to solution

from another post on this forum from October 19th, 2020 from a Roku admin.   - But, back then they also supported Roku !

James_MPosts: 2,511 ADMIN
edited October 19 Oct 19, 2020ACCEPTED ANSWER

Amazon Firestick is not supported. 

The Spectrum TV app is available on Apple TV,  select Samsung Smart TV's, and ROKU & XboxOne.  We do support the app on Kindle Fire (except first gen.).  

0 Kudos
taier
Level 7

Spectrum App

Jump to solution

This afternoon, the Spectrum TV channel disappeared from my Roku.  It is no longer available in the Channel Store, as well.  I called Spectrum, and was advised that Roku has opted to pull the app, and that this was beyond Spectrum's control.  Is there a way to restore an app/channel Roku deleted without my permission? 

rjbied
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just received an email stating that HBO Max is now available on Roku.

JingoJango
Level 7

Re: Spectrum App

Jump to solution

I read this in a News Story that you are in a money fight with Spectrum, similar to Peacock and HBO Max.  Let me tell you why you are wrong on this one.  I bought my Roku TVs because you have the free Spectrum App.  This saves me $7 to $12 a month.  Without it, those TVs are useless to me.  What this told me was that I was wrong to invest my money in Roku as they don't care about me and my money.  My next TVs and devices will be Android not Rokus.  Anybody using a Roku device and Spectrum should be furious.  This is not the same as your other money battles!  I will be repeating this on many social media channels and I encourage others to do the same.

fujifilm
Level 8

Jump to solution

Before you ditch it and buy something else, check and see how long their contract with Spectrum is - or you may end up owning a bunch of streaming devices. They all have some sort of contract to allow this - otherwise it would be piracy,

0 Kudos
stevesteinhauer
Level 7

Re: Did Roku really get rid of the Spectrum app?

Jump to solution

I have Spectrum working today 12/17.

taier
Level 7

Jump to solution

In fairness, this is not Spectrum, it's Roku.  Roku charges a LOT of money for apps to be in their channel store, and is basically playing an extortion game with Spectrum as part of a cash grab to help Roku's struggling financial state.

AURick2001
Level 9

Jump to solution

Someone needs to chat or call Roku support and complain about it and voice your concern. They aren't going to bite your head off. Just do it and see what the outcome is. 

0 Kudos
tk0084
Level 9

Jump to solution

@AURick2001 

A. Their phone lines are not manned due to the situation. 

B. They do nothing but say its all spectrum via email. They dont directly say that, what they say is that the channel owner controls if the channel is available on Roku or not. 

We all know B is a bunch of BS. Roku isnt an open platform where anyone can create a channel with content and Roku will allow it, they simply refuse to accept any blame, point fingers, and hope to maintain and grow a customer base. Meanwhile.one of their largest sales teams (Spectrum) has moved on from them. They are now pushing Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV's, and streaming to your device.   I can guarantee I would have never bought a Roku device if it wasnt for Spectrum. Glad I didnt buy a bunch to replace all my firesticks. 

belle62
Level 7

Jump to solution

i already have it installed and have been using the Spectrum app daily but now it doesnt work and shows a reference code RLP-1031.  So it doesnt work if already installed either.