Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Devs: Need some insight about roku terms

long story short, i am subscribed to something similar to sling tv but its based in greece for greek channels.  It seems they recently updated their app to only work on 1 roku device in my entire household.  Are there any rules for this in rokus terms?  I am a bit angry i can only watch it on 1 roku out of the 6 i have. I dont live in my living room 24/7 and i am in my bedroom half the day.  So just wondering your thoughts on this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Devs: Need some insight about roku terms

I don't think there's anything in the TOS about it and there is a way to identify a unique device.  I don't agree with what they're doing, but you'll probably have to take it up with them.  When these devices first came out it was commonplace to tie a purchase or subscription to a particular device, but that was when when most people only had one Roku.  Now I think it's ridiculous to do that.

How did you subscribe to it?  Was it with them directly or through Roku?   Roku subscriptions are tied to an account, not a device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Devs: Need some insight about roku terms

Thanks for.the reply. It's subscribed through them. I will have to raise he** then I guess.

Thanks!

0 Kudos