Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaymarc

Device frozen after adding youtube channel

I just set up my Roku on my kids TV and all went well until they informed me that I forgot to upload the "you tube" channel. So, my son, uploaded onto the home screen and then everything froze in time 4:07PM, yesterday. The new Roku remote that was working model 3800 Streaming stick wont work with the tv, nothing moves. I tried unplugging the connector from the back of TV and then plugging it back in but still nothing. HELP! 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: you tube channel

@zaymarc 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried replacing the batteries on the remote to see if the remote still works?

If the remote is working and your device is frozen, we would try first unplugging the Roku device from the TV (including the power source) to see if that resolves the issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please try performing a factory reset on the Roku device and linking the device back to your Roku account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaccimay

Re: Device frozen after adding youtube channel

I have that issue too, cept after i cast you tube from my cell to my tv. Um i unplugged the 2 cords from the little Roku box that reads ur remote.  Not from the tv. 5hat fixed it tho i had to sign back in after pluged roku cords back into it. Happend again today so i used my tvs remote and hit the INPUT button, kept the input where it is on hdmi, but youtube was gone!! Im keeping you tube on my cell not on my tv or thru ny roku! Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos