Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soyyo
Level 7

Device Freezing and rebooting when using YouTube

I have the same problem when using YouTube app and it only started 15nov2019 or so. Update is V 9.2.0 and Build 4701.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Device Freezing and rebooting when using YouTube

@soyyo Please try the steps listed here to remove the channel, restart your device, then add the channel back again: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

Please let us know if you still experience the issue from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Device Freezing and rebooting when using YouTube

@soyyo wrote:

I have the same problem when using YouTube app and it only started 15nov2019 or so. Update is V 9.2.0 and Build 4701.

Could you verify what model (number, not name) you are having the issue with? Some of the older players have a lot of problems with YouTube, mainly because Google is designing the channel for the latest players and doesn't seem to care about it working on older hardware. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

Re: YouTube problems on Roku ultra 2019

YouTube is nonfunctional on my Roku 2 since the Roku software update.  For a while it would load and play a single video before crashing. Then the YouTube app would load and the thumbnails would be all jumbled and it wouldn't play anything.  Now it simply will not load.  I get the hourglass, the YouTube logo, then a black screen, then a return to the Roku home screen.

I have the same OS as you, 9.2.0   (Every day I look, expectantly, for a number to replace that zero at the end)

Different build than your Ultra;  the build that updated to my Roku 2 is  4701-06

I have posted about this issue, and the Roku team squelched it promptly by marking the issue as "Solved" when their only reply was that the developers are responsible for the functionality of the apps on the Roku platform.

Very curious to see if you get a response, let alone a viable solution, from Tanner and company.

I continue to remove, reboot and reinstall YouTube,  providing 'feedback' via the Roku interface every time to indicate the failure to load problem.

0 Kudos