Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paisae34
Reel Rookie

Developer mode installing app

Hi I added a channel app in developer mode and when I use it the Roku is in developer mode but then the Roku restarts itself and the channel app disappears the Roku restarts itself several minutes after I use the app.  I tried doing the same process over and over again and same thing happens.  Please help if anyone has any advice on making sure the channel app doesn’t keep on disappearing 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developer mode installing app

@Paisae34 

You should post this in the Developer Forum. This is the general user forum.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Developer mode installing app

I'll answer it here because @Paisae34 is most likely not a developer.

Developer mode is for developers, not to sideload some app you found on the Internet that Roku would never approve.  If your developer mode doesn't "stick", you've most likely tried to sideload something that has been flagged by Roku as violating their Terms of Service.  Your device has now been blacklisted.

There's no legitimate reason to sideload an app other than to try to skirt Roku's TOS.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.