Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrightonB
Level 8

Deutche Welle (DW) channel does not work

For the past week when I try to access the DW channel it will start to load and then suddenly go back to the home page.   I tried restarting my Roku Ultra and removing and re-adding the DW channel but the issue recurs.  This is the only channel I’m having an issue with.

My work around is to use the free version of Roku’s Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

Is this an issue with Roku or the DW channel?

13 REPLIES 13\
WODI
Level 7

Re: Deutche Welle (DW) channel does not work

I have the same problem in Ontario Canada

@BrightonB wrote:

For the past week when I try to access the DW channel it will start to load and then suddenly go back to the home page.   I tried restarting my Roku Ultra and removing and re-adding the DW channel but the issue recurs.  This is the only channel I’m having an issue with.

My work around is to use the free version of your Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

Is this an issue with Roku for the DW channel?

@BrightonB wrote:

My work around is to use the free version of your Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

0 Kudos
TG1
Level 7

I'm having the same problem also. In St. Louis, MO. 

@BrightonB wrote:

0 Kudos
Jr33
Level 7

Same problem in Chicago.  DW app on Amazon Firestick works fine.

0 Kudos
Biosfear
Level 7

Same problem in Oakland, CA. Tried updates, deleting-restarting-reinstalling the channel to no avail.

BrightonB
Level 8

When I checked yesterday late afternoon (Philadelphia, PA area) the channel was working again.  I verified that the channel was still working this morning.

Looking under Settings > System > System update I noticed that at 3:43pm yesterday my  Roku software was automatically updated to version 9.3.0 build 4143.  I’m going to assume that the software update resolved my issue.

I consider this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
BrightonB
Level 8

Deutche Welle (DW) content does not work (7-28-2021)

For the past week when I try to access content on the DW channel it will start to load and then suddenly goes back to the previous page.  This occurs with 95% of the content. For example under Global 3000 the video on the return of los lobos to Mexico will not load.  I tried restarting my Roku Ultra and removing and re-adding the DW channel but the issue recurs.  This is the only channel I’m having an issue with.

Is this an issue with Roku or the DW channel?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deutche Welle (DW) content does not work (7-28-2021)

If it's only occurring on one channel, unfortunately it's going to be the channel's fault. Roku hasn't released any OS updates in the past month or so, so that's not likely the culprit. You will need to contact the DW channel provider and report the problem to them. It's possible they aren't even aware there's a problem. Make sure you let them know the model number of your Roku Ultra, and the troubleshooting steps you've taken. 

I will add a reminder in case you didn't do it, when you remove a channel you MUST reboot the Roku before adding the channel back in. If you skip that step, it's never actually removed and any problem with the installation will remain.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Catulpa
Level 7

Same issue here-- have not been able to get Deutsche Welle to Load for several weeks now

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Catulpa 

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the DW app:

1) Remove the DW app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the DW app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)