Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Deutche Welle (DW) channel does not work

For the past week when I try to access the DW channel it will start to load and then suddenly go back to the home page.   I tried restarting my Roku Ultra and removing and re-adding the DW channel but the issue recurs.  This is the only channel I’m having an issue with.

My work around is to use the free version of Roku’s Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

Is this an issue with Roku or the DW channel?

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Deutche Welle (DW) channel does not work

I have the same problem in Ontario Canada

@BrightonB wrote:

For the past week when I try to access the DW channel it will start to load and then suddenly go back to the home page.   I tried restarting my Roku Ultra and removing and re-adding the DW channel but the issue recurs.  This is the only channel I’m having an issue with.

My work around is to use the free version of your Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

Is this an issue with Roku for the DW channel?

@BrightonB wrote:

My work around is to use the free version of your Sling TV channel.  It does not have as much content but it has enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem also. In St. Louis, MO. 

@BrightonB wrote:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem in Chicago.  DW app on Amazon Firestick works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem in Oakland, CA. Tried updates, deleting-restarting-reinstalling the channel to no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

When I checked yesterday late afternoon (Philadelphia, PA area) the channel was working again.  I verified that the channel was still working this morning.

Looking under Settings > System > System update I noticed that at 3:43pm yesterday my  Roku software was automatically updated to version 9.3.0 build 4143.  I’m going to assume that the software update resolved my issue.

I consider this issue resolved.

0 Kudos