Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Democracy Now Channel not updating

Jump to solution

I've had the Democracy Now Channel for years on ROKU,,,, I believe they broadcast each morning M-F and then show up on Roku sometime in the afternoon. Several months ago instead of showing up in the afternoon of the day of shooting, they began showing up the next day. 

This week, they seem to be stuck on Tuesday, May 19th and Wed, Thurs, Fri has not popped in (yet?).

And YES, I did delete and reload the Democracy Now Channel,, and YES, I did make sure my ROKU version was up to day and refreshed, restarted, etc. and NO, this is not happening on my other dozens of channels. 

Anyone else having this problem? or can think of another solution? 

thank you

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Democracy Now Channel not updating

Jump to solution

If you want to watch Democracy Now! on Roku, another option is to install the Free Speech TV channel (FSTV). They also stream Democracy Now!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I checked DM on ROKU today, Thursday 28 May 2020 and it is back up and running~! 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same with me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Developers of Roku channels are responsible for making their channels work on the Roku platform.  Please let Democracy Now know by providing them them details at:

https://www.democracynow.org/contact

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Update: as of this writing, 5/24/2020, Democracy Now is still "stuck" on last Tuesday 5/19.

Yes, I have written Democracy Now when I originally posted this, and have not heard back from them. I will write Democracy Now again. 

thank you,

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE: Democracy Now is still stuck on May 19th, it is now the 27th. I have been writing DM every day and today I noticed a phone number for DM, so I called the number.... selected the "engineering department",,,, and left a message... I hope this works. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If you want to watch Democracy Now! on Roku, another option is to install the Free Speech TV channel (FSTV). They also stream Democracy Now!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

UPDATE: as of May 27 AM, DM Channel on ROKU is still 'stuck' on Tuesday May 19. I DID receive a positive response to this issue from Democracy Now this morning: 

James,

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues viewing Democracy Now! via Roku. We are aware there is an issue and are making progress in resolving this issue and you can expect to see shows updating on Roku shortly.

Thank you for your patience,

- D

This is GOOD news~! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for the great FSTV Channel tip~!! Yes, I got it...

0 Kudos