Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Re: Deleting channels I dont watch.

Jump to solution

That's an incomplete answer. 

I've experienced numerous channels being PUSHED into my Roku channel list, channels I DID NOT INSTALL but VOILA!  I didn't ask for them but there they are!

Therefore, it stands to reason that the code in the device could be programmed in such a way that I can review and add/delete channels in my on-line account then the Roku device gets a data stream of changes/additions (if any), performs the work and then reboot itself.  Some of the same behavior Rokus exhibit when updates are pushed out, right?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deleting channels I dont watch.

Jump to solution

@ChetDude wrote:

... I've experienced numerous channels being PUSHED into my Roku channel list, channels I DID NOT INSTALL but VOILA!  I didn't ask for them but there they are! ...

You want to give an example of an app that magically showed up? Maybe ask a complete question?

The question you asked was answered. You might not like the answer, but that really doesn't enter into things. The answer is the answer.

Now, however, you're asking about apps being pushed to you, which is something different. Roku has done that in the past, but I've not seen it recently. So, how do you get rid of them? Same way we told you.

What you didn't ask was how to stop the pushing of apps. Well, that's easy enough, if you want to know. Add a PIN to your account. You do that and you won't get any pushed apps (which, again, I haven't seen Roku do in a few years).

On account/device setup, Roku does preselect several apps, but if you simply scroll through and un-check them, they won't get pushed. Maybe that's what you're talking about. Scroll through the page when you're setting up a device, or something you didn't ask for, but was pre-selected (and not un-checked) can get pushed.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."