Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkwhite60

Deleting channels I dont watch.

Jump to solution

How do i delete channels i don't watch?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deleting channels I dont watch.

Jump to solution
Highlight unwanted channel on home page channel grid.
Press * key
Select "Remove channel"
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy

Jump to solution
Highlight unwanted channel on home page channel grid.
Press * key
Select "Remove channel"
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but that's an inadequate "solution".

I recently had to do a factory reinitialize on one of my Roku devices and watched in horror as 96 channels were installed.

The Roku mothership has been constantly adding channels on my Roku devices (plural) over the years and now I'm up to 96 channels when I've only added 25 or so.

If they would provide a way to bulk select and then delete channels selected (preferably on-line signed into my account), I could get rid of at least 20 of those 25 as well.

PLEASE Roku guys, give us some control over this!  PLEASE!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ChetDude

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku channels on a devices are linked to the Roku account that the device(s) are linked to. Do you have multiple devices linked to the same Roku account? If a channel is added on one Roku device, then the channel will be added to the all of the Roku devices on the same Roku account, as long as the channel is supported on that device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding, Danny.

It's possible that a few of those channels may have been added on another of my 3 active Roku devices but there also appears to be a large number of mystery channels that I didn't add and never would.  Are channels ever "auto-added" due to subscription to other channels?

However, none of that changes the importance of our request for an efficient, easy way to do bulk Addition/Deletion of channels at the ACCOUNT level (logged in on-line).  If we had such a tool, how these channels automatically appear wouldn't really matter if we could easily eliminate the clutter that accumulates in our Roku devices.

Is there any good reason why such a tool couldn't be provided for us?

atc98092

Jump to solution

I've never seen any channel auto-added to an operational Roku. When you link a new device, yes they do push a lot of unwanted channels when the new device sync's up with your account. But a quick delete (it would be nice to be able to select multiple channels at once to remove) removes them from all devices. Just remember you need to reboot the Roku after they have been removed to truly remove all pieces of them.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, Dan.

Again, it would sure be nice if they could provide a tool we could use to easily edit channel selection when logged into our Roku Account.

I'm just keeping the 3 icons for the only channels I use "at the top" and ignore the other 93 of them for now rather than spending at least a couple of hours of repetitive stress on my thumb to delete the others.  Smiley Frustrated

pairski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If we can add channels across all devices from our account, how can we delete all these extra channels across all devices from the account page?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@pairski wrote:

If we can add channels across all devices from our account, how can we delete all these extra channels across all devices from the account page?

You can't. You have to remove via direct access to one of the Roku devices. It will then remove the apps from the other devices on that same account.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I think the biggest reason they don't offer channel removal from the web page is the requirement to reboot the device after removal. If the reboot is not performed, there's still code remaining in memory and might cause issues that only a hard reset will clear. And that is something no one should need to do except as a last resort. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos