Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faithflux
Reel Rookie

Deleting a channel don't delete user logins

Hello. I hope someone can answer this. My daughter installed Disney+ on our device with her information. Now that we get Disney+ for free, I deleted the channel and add it again because I wanted our own credentials. But, every time I try to do this Disney+ doesn't delete my daughters information and it load to the login screen under her and her account. How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 🙂

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Deleting a channel don't delete user logins

@faithflux  Is this also your daughters Roku account? Roku syncs certain credentials across devices. But just simply log in with your daughters profile.  Once your in her profile then log her out 

https://www.bingegauge.com/sign-out-disney-plus-all-devices/

0 Kudos
faithflux
Reel Rookie

Hi thank you. No this is my account. She downloaded Disney+ and installed it with her credentials. I wanted to uninstall it and re-install with my own credentials.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Please follow the link I posted. You don’t need to delete it. Log in using your daughters profile. Once your in there you can log her out by going into the settings. You can also ask your daughter to go online and log into her Disney+  account then have her log out of all devices 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@faithflux-

What @Streamer317 implied, but did not actually say, is that once you have logged out of your daughter's Disney+ account on your Roku, you can then log back in using your own Disney+ account credentials.

This YouTube video shows you how to log out from within the Disney+ app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZcFCJYKEyI

Once you have logged out, use the same process to go to the Settings option, but now you can log in, using the email address and password you have established with Disney+.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@makaiguy  I provided a link explaining everything. Video is helpful also. Thanks.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Streamer317--

All @faithflux needed was information on how to log out of Disney+ installed on his/her own Roku then log back in with his/her own credentials.  That information was not yet given, so I added it in an additional reply.

I did not mention any of the rest of this as there was no need to get into a pi**ing contest, but only because you continue referring to that link (https://www.bingegauge.com/sign-out-disney-plus-all-devices/) as the answer to @faithflux's question ....

I checked out that link before I posted.   It does NOT "explain everything."  It only covers removing ALL devices from a Disney+ account, either via logging into the account's webpage, or using the  Disney+ app on a mobile device.  This is of no use unless one knows the login credentials for that account and wants to kick all devices off the Disney+ account.  It gives no information on how to log a single device out from within a single Disney+ app, nor does it say anything about logging in with different credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@makaiguy  The info is all right there. Also I mentioned to her that since this is her daughters account she can contact her daughters and have her log out of all devices. Hold on let me hit the easy button "Hi daughter this is Mom. Can you do me a favor and go into your Disney+ account and log out of all devices. Ever since you logged into mine I cannot figure out how to switch it back to my account. Thanks".  I explained everything to her way before you posted. Re-read. I guess you missed the "my daughter" part. 

0 Kudos