Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ablake2
Level 7

Deleting Channels

Jump to solution

Is there a way to remove multiple channels at one time instead of removing channel by channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Deleting Channels

Jump to solution

No, sorry.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
renojim

Jump to solution

No, sorry.

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
uque
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been a Roku user since 2009. The fact that I cannot delete multiple channels has finally convinced me to dump Roku. Roku is nothing but a tracking and spy device for Communist Tech. I hope you go bankrupt. You deserve it.

stormzen
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have also been a Roku fan for years. This turned out to be the reason that inspired me to leave Roku as well. Maybe you guys should get that fixed, so that people like me that are on the fence don't fall off?

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@stormzen wrote:

I have also been a Roku fan for years. This turned out to be the reason that inspired me to leave Roku as well. Maybe you guys should get that fixed, so that people like me that are on the fence don't fall off?

So, let me understand this. You went and added a shipload of channels because ... reasons? And now you've realized that was not the smartest thing to do? And now you have to remove them one by one? The same way you added them? And that's the problem?

I think you learned the wrong lesson. 

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/

Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ReallyAngry
Level 9

Jump to solution

There are multiple reasons to delete multiple channels at a time, namely, because YOUTUBE never works right, and makes you delete channels before it will work.  As I need to watch it for other reasons, I have to delete channels.  And resetting does nothing, as ROKU just adds them all right back.  

ChetDude
Level 8

Jump to solution

Actually, for some unknown reason, the Roku mothership is constantly adding channels without any action on our part.

I'm up to 96 channels when I've ACTUALLY installed less than 25 of those.

Since they're fine with pushing channels down on us, that technology is there and obviously the software to delete a channel exists although the process using a remote is onerous, there's no good excuse for Roku to deprive us of the ability to easily and efficiently delete channels. 

I'd definitely prefer a BULK selection/delete selected mode on each registered device on-line.

0 Kudos