Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ameritkd
Level 7

Deleted channel issue

Help! We had Spectum TV and dropped it. Deleted the channel. We added a new streaming service. My problem is the channels that have to have a "provider" will not drop the spectum. I cannot add a new provider for those channels. It is also still showing up when I do a show or movie search as an available channel that a movie will be available on. I have reset my roku and deleted all channels but when I registered my roku it added everything back on, not the channel but all the info.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Deleted channel issue

"Ameritkd" wrote:
Help! We had Spectum TV and dropped it. Deleted the channel. We added a new streaming service. My problem is the channels that have to have a "provider" will not drop the spectum. I cannot add a new provider for those channels. It is also still showing up when I do a show or movie search as an available channel that a movie will be available on. I have reset my roku and deleted all channels but when I registered my roku it added everything back on, not the channel but all the info.

There are apps from a related family of networks that do share information on Roku. An example would be the A&E family of networks (A&E, History, Lifetime, and more). There are other family of networks, too, so you may have more issues than you currently realize.

You’ll have to remove all related apps. If you miss one, it won’t do any good. Safest bet is to remove all apps that need authentication.

After they’re all gone, reboot all your Roku devices that are on your Roku account.

Next, pick one. Just one. Install it and see if it will let you authenticate. If not, you’ve missed an app. Remove the app, and recheck others for requiring authentication.

Repeat.

Once you’ve successfully removed the necessary apps, and picked one to install and authenticate, everything should be working
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos