Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Deleted channel behavior across multiple ROKU players

Question, I have 3 ROKU players that are on the same ROKU online account. I recently deleted about 30 channels from my Roku Ultra and Roku 3 players that were both plugged in and on the network. After I deleted the 30 channels from my Roku Ultra, I checked my Roku3 player and they were deleted from there as well, which is what I wanted. Now, I have a Roku XS in storage and off the network, which still has the old channels on it. What will happen when I plug in the Roku XS and put it on the network? Will the 30 channels removed automatically delete from that player? I'm HOPING it WON't re-add the 30 deleted channels to the other players.   If so, should I do a factory reset on the player in storage?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Deleted channel behavior across multiple ROKU players

Good question.  My GUESS is that the current state of your account would prevail and that the channels not in your current account would be removed from the device when connected.

As a quick test, power down one of your units, then remove a channel from an active unit.  Then power the down unit back up.  That will show you whether it re-installs the channel where it was removed, or removes it from the unit that was powered down.

Let us know how it works out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Deleted channel behavior across multiple ROKU players

Yes, as soon as the 2 XS is on the network, those channels will be deleted. Connected device configuration will override whatever is installed and you will only see the channels that remain on the previously connected device. 

The only way to have different channels on different Roku devices is to use separate Roku user accounts. You can still use the same credentials across devices to log into channels that require authentication, such as Netflix or Vudu. So it's not like all of your online providers need separate accounts. But all Roku devices using the same Roku user account will have the same channels installed on all devices, unless a channel isn't supported but a particular (older) device. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos