Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Delayed or failure to launch YouTube TV programs using Roku Premier,

I've just recently "cut the cord" and access YouTube TV using Roku Premier and a older Samsung smart TV.  I returned and replaced a identical Roku Premier to my vendor (BestBuy) thinking the first was defective.  The quality of my picture and everything else seemed fine but I often got/get only a black screen or very long display of the spinning loading icon that sometimes opens after a too long wait.  A few days ago, I upgraded my Internet connection to 200 Mbps thinking that would take care of everything but it didn't.  The only way to work around it has been to select the Home key on the remote which takes me back to the Channel selection where I relaunch YouTube TV and start all over again.  Sometimes I have to do this multiple times and it usually seems most likely to be troublesome on the initial selection.  I've found when I select a program that launches, I ca go back to the program that wouldn't launch and it usually then launches okay.  I've tried everything I can think of including different HDMI cable and outlets.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Delayed or failure to launch YouTube TV programs using Roku Premier,

Assuming everything has been updated....

try installing both the Youtube and also YoutubeTV apps.

This solved a lot of problems for people recently.

Whether or not its unnecessary give it a go and see.

How are the other Channels?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I've given "it a go" just this morning (the YouTube app itself was not installed previously) and the first program selected on YouTube TV started okay.  I did install both the YouTube and YouTube TV apps and activated both.  I'm hoping that is the "fix".  Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted
Level 10

I've been having the exact same problem for a few months now. I've been in touch with YTTV and Roku over this. Both point the finger at each other and tell me to contact the other. Simply amazing how nobody wants to take a few moments to look into the issue, instead would rather just pass the buck and do nothing! To this day, I still have this issue without any resolution in sight! I have tried installing Youtube along with Youtube TV, with no difference. Still crashes the YTTV app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yeah.  The "fix" actually hasn't been working for me.  My YTTV just locked up and when I rebooted and selected a program, I saw the progress icon for a few seconds and then a completely black screen.  I walked away and after a few longggg minutes, it popped open.  Leaves a lot to be desired.  It looks to me like it's a YTTV problem.  Good luck!