Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BolderBoulder
Level 8

Defaulting to Other Channels

I'm a Comcast subscriber and as such I am offered some networks on multiple channels.

For example, A&E is offered on Channel 41, Channel 675 and Channel 1402. However when I choose Channel 675, my Roku has started defaulting me to Channel 41. It's also showing both Channel 41 and Channel 675 in my "Last Watched" list!

Did something change at Roku to trigger this result?

How can I stop this from happening anymore?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10\
cherylg
Level 8

Re: Defaulting to Other Channels

I am experiencing the same issue.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

This is on the Comcast Infinity app on Roku?  This app is created and maintained by Comcast, Roku just provides the platform to run it on. Problems with the app should be directed to Comcast.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
BolderBoulder
Level 8

Ugh! That's going to be impossible to get to anyone who can do anything! Comcast is not particularly helpful - ever!

BolderBoulder
Level 8

I did reach Technical Support at Comcast. Evidently this is a known issue that they are working on right now, so hopefully it will be resolved within the next day or two.

Thanks all!

makaiguy

@BolderBoulder 

And THANK YOU for reporting back.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

cherylg
Level 8

I wish Technical Support at Comcast, would share this information with Customer Support at Comcast.  This information would have saved me an hour yesterday....

0 Kudos
BolderBoulder
Level 8

I know I was lucky to get the right combination of Comcast employees to find out that answer. Sorry you had that experience.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@cherylg wrote:

I wish Technical Support at Comcast, would share this information with Customer Support at Comcast.  This information would have saved me an hour yesterday....

Sadly, you'll find this situation at many companies besides Comcast.  The tech guys often fail to keep the front line support folks up to date on what's really going on in the back room.

0 Kudos
cherylg
Level 8

Happy to report this problem has been resolved as of 8/31/21. 

0 Kudos