Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Deezer on my Roku Ultra is not working well. In Particular, the " * " feature, during song playback.

I hope someone can help me.

Hello. I have 3 ROKU devices. An Roku Ultra, a Roku3, and a Roku Express.

My DEEZER app works perfectly fine on the Roku 3 device. It does not work well on the the Roku Ultra. In particular, when you play a song in the  Deezer App on the Roku Ultra, and you begin to navigate during the song playback, you cannot return to the current song that is playing. The option "*" button does not work properly on the Roku Ultra. During a song playback, pressing the "*" button sends you to the volume adjustment feature. On the Roku 3, the "*" button works perfectly fine. While listening to a song, and navigating the app, pressing the "*" button on the Roku 3 sends you right back to the song currently playing, like it is designed to do.  I have replaced the remote for the Roku Ultra, so that is not the issue. What is peculiar, is that the Deezer app worked fine initially on the Roku Ultra, then, after having to replace a broken remote, the app started malfunctioning, and not working well. frustrating. I have tried different combinations of remotes, but no success. The only option that worked, was the Roku 3 device. Deeper only works properly on Roku 3. Can anyone help? I await a reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Deezer on my Roku Ultra is not working well. In Particular, the " * " feature, during

@bracetaylor 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Deezer support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Deezer support here: https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Deezer on my Roku Ultra is not working well. In Particular, the " * " feature, during

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately, it did not work. I also conducted a factory reset, a device unlink, and a device link. No success. I contacted Roku support, no luck. Deezer support claims it is a Roku issue. My Deezer App worked fine initially, then, my remote broke. I asked for, and was sent a Roku replacement remote for my Roku Ultra. That is when my Deezer App stopped working properly. I am appreciative for the replacement remote, don't get me wrong. But this is very frustrating. My Deezer doesn't work right. Can anyone provide any help here? 

0 Kudos