Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clr61
Level 7

Dailymotion is down?

Much to my surprise/chagrin, when I clicked on my Dailymotion app I get the "unable to connect to Dailymotion's servers".   Maybe I need to do a reboot, or uninstall reinstall??  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Dailymotion is down?

"clr61" wrote:
Much to my surprise/chagrin, when I clicked on my Dailymotion app I get the "unable to connect to Dailymotion's servers".   Maybe I need to do a reboot, or uninstall reinstall??  Any ideas?

Didn’t DailyMotion remove their app from the Channel Store some time back?

Anyway, a private channel has been running for a while, but it’s unofficial.

If you have the code, you should be able to reinstall it. Be sure you remove it, then reboot the Roku, then reinstall it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
clr61
Level 7

I've tried the reinstall, and it still won't respond to Dailymotion servers.
I am in a pickle- I can watch Dailymotion on my tablet but it's so small and commercials pop up at random times!  I think I'll wait a few days and try installing again.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"clr61" wrote:
I've tried the reinstall, and it still won't respond to Dailymotion servers.
I am in a pickle- I can watch Dailymotion on my tablet but it's so small and commercials pop up at random times!  I think I'll wait a few days and try installing again.

That's probably a good approach. If their Website has a place to contact them or report issues, you might want to reach out there. It sounds like their servers or their app -- Roku didn't write it, so it was either them, or a third party -- is at fault.

Hope it gets resolved soon.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
clr61
Level 7

I've sent emails to both Roku and Dailymotion, haven't heard back from Roku, but DailyMotion replied that the Roku app is currently under development.   Perhaps I was watching an older version of Dailymotion for the past year.
0 Kudos