Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randoodle
Binge Watcher

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

@Stoneking ,

Can you be specific regarding the Roku OS version that works verses the one that doesn't?

In the case of my Roku Ultra, The Daily Wire app works fine on OS 9.4, but will always exit after about 10 minutes on OS 10.0 (and its various versions).

The fact that you're getting the error on different hardware may isolate the problem to the OS 10.0.  I have two Roku 3 boxes that are still at 9.4 - I'm assuming these may fail with the OS 10.0 update.

You may also see of you can rollback to OS 9.4 as a workaround to the problem.  I was able to do this on my Ultra until the rollback was unavailable.  To try a rollback, access one of the Secret Menus - from the Home screen:  press Home 5 times, fast forward 3 times, reverse 2 times  (timing is everything, if it doesn't work, try again).  You can update available OS versions from the secret menu.  If OS 9.4 is still available, install it.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

It is 10.0 on both devices. How do I roll it back? And if I can, how can I stop Roku from forcing this on an update?

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@Stoneking 

Thanks for confirming the problem is with OS 10.0.

You must bring up  one of the Secret Menus to try to roll back the software, if the rollback is even available.  To bring up the secret menu, from the Home menu, press the following buttons on your remote:  Home 5x, FF 3x, RW 2x.  That is 10 button presses.  That should bring up the Secret Menu.  If it does not, press Home, then try again.  Timing is everything, about one button press per second.

20210514_090353.jpg

Once you have the Secret Menu, scroll down and select Update Software.  If you have an option to roll back, you will be given a choice of what software you want to install - select 9.4.

If you're not given an option or can only choose between different versions of 10.0, then you're screwed!  Just press the Home button, until you've back on the Home screen.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I will absolutely give it a try. But how do I stop it from installing this horrible 10.0 system again?

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

"the only explanation is someone intentionally has written something malicious in the code of these new software updates to only affect The Daily Wire."

I agree wholeheartedly.

And the fact that Roku ignores this and acts like it's DW's issue is beyond ridiculous.

Unless Roku takes ownership of this I am done being a paying customer of their subpar worthless products.

I already cancelled my Apple TV subscription over this because all they do when I contact them about it is give me a run around. Re start, uninstall, restart again, over and over again. Insanity asking me to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Roku sucks. 

Stoneking
Streaming Star

Yeah, that option isn't there. Thanks, Roku. Such a horrible company. I guess they don't care if they lose customers over this. 

0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@Stoneking ,

My Roku 3 boxes got updated to 10.0 and are experiencing the same problem.  So, the problem is isolated to the Roku OS 10.0 release.  I tried to rollback to 9.4 via the Secret Screen and it appears that  Roku is no longer making that rollback available.

As a workaround to the problem I am now casting the videos from my phone or computer to the Roku.  OK, it is a workaround, but at least I don't have to restart the videos every 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I have tried to figure out how to cast my phone but no luck.

0 Kudos
Sanity102
Streaming Star

Re: Daily Wire Channel Exits after 15 minutes of watching

Oh that's happening to me too, AFTER I changed to a year long membership. I was on monthly to try it out.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

@RokuKariza-D 

You idiots already know this is an issue with your update to the 10.0 operating system. Why do you keep on acting like reinstalling and restarting is going to fix anything? You've been aware of this problem since after users started reporting it after April 11th, when your update with the malicious patch in it targeted Daily Wire.

Take ownership of this and start fixing it rather than making your customers jump through hoops to prove this is your issue, not theirs.