Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

Hey @randoodle

Thanks for the note.

Have you restarted your Roku device before installing the Daily Wire channel back in? If not, try giving it a shot once more. That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. You can refer to this link for instructions: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D ,

I tried your suggestion.  Model = Roku Ultra, Model 4800X

1. Did a system update to confirm latest OS.  No update.  Software version 10.0.0 Build 4195-C2.
  2. Removed the Daily Wire app.
  3. Rebooted the Roku via the System menu.
  4. Installed the Daily Wire app.  Version 1.9  Build 1
  5. Authenticated my credentials on the Daily Wire app.

No change; the problem still persists.  The app will exit after about 10 minutes.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks for following up, @randoodle

Can you please provide and fill out the following information:

-Roku device model

-Serial number

-Device ID

-Software OS/version

(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
randoodle
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D 

I reported most of the requested information previously.  Here it is again.

-Roku device model:  4800X - Roku Ultra

-Serial number:  X010006V7XG7

-Device ID:  S02A209V7XG7

-Software OS/version:  10.0.0  Build 4195-C2

-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel:  The Daily Wire
     Version 1.9  Build 1

-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times):  G7-185-992  (It took a few tries to the the Report Tracker to display.  It is unclear what the "Back" button is.)

-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:

1. Open The Daily Wire app
  2. Authenticate with login credentials.  (This is a one-time step)
  3. Play any video in the app.
  4. After about 10 minutes, the app will exit (as though the Home key were pressed once).  At exit, The Daily Wire app is the selected app on the home screen.
  5. Steps 1, 3, and 4 can be repeated.  This is a reproducible problem under OS 10.0.  The problem did not occur under OS 9.4

Randy

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Thanks @randoodle

I have passed along the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Blue86
Reel Rookie

I've restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and updated the system/all apps and still no dice. This is a problem with their Roku or the app, especially considering so many people are dealing with the same thing. 

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @1garydb @1garydb,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Mary

Drummer96

Daily Wire Channel Exits after 15 minutes of watching

I will be watching an episode for a little bit before getting kicked back to the home screen of Roku.

I thought it was a membership thing, but I signed out of everywhere else I had logged in and I have a year long plan.

0 Kudos
Stoneking
Streaming Star

I wanted to report that I had Roku Premier that the Daily App worked fine on until today.

Same problem as before with the Ultra.

On the Ultra the app stopped working after Roku forced an update on 4/11/2021. Suffice to say they are absolutely worthless to talk to when it comes to trying to fix the issue. There's only so many times one can uninstall the app, reinstall it, do factory resets, etc. This is a fundamental flaw with Roku's update not being friendly to all the apps on their platform.

With the latest date on the Premier on 4/13, the app now crashes on that device. So I effectively have no adequate way of watching Daily Wire without a huge pain in the neck.

Roku, this is on you. Your update caused the app to crash. Daily Wire didn't do this themselves. I have contacted Daily Wire about it but it seems your updates contain something fundamentally wrong with them. Please fix it. 

Stoneking
Streaming Star

Correction to my previous post: With the latest date on the Premier on 5/13, the app now crashes on that device.

It was working fine before today.

0 Kudos
caresdad

Someone at The Daily Wire will have to get involved with this. No other apps are doing this so the only explanation is someone intentionally has written something malicious in the code of these new software updates to only affect The Daily Wire. 

0 Kudos