Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Daily Documentary channel

Hi. I added the Daily Documentary channel today. I watched a video and decided to buy a one year membership for $10.  After that was successful, every time I click on a video on the channel, I get returned to the Roku home screen. 

I removed and re-added the channel.  I reset Roku and reset my Xfinity router/modem. I powered everything off and on several times.  No change.  The channel throws me out whenever I try to start a video.

I don't know how to connect to the channel owner which is supposed to be SunMedia.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Daily Documentary channel

I believe this is a scam.  SunMedia also owns the Sacred Songs channel.  Forum people are complaining that the same thing happens on that channel.  Once you make a payment, you cannot play the videos or hear the music. You are returned immediately to the Roku home screen when you click on a title.

I have asked Roku to explore what is happening with the SunMedia channels.  I hope Roku responses for the good of Roku's name and reputation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also having the same issue paid for a year and can not access the content. Tried everything roku support suggested to fix this issue. Definitely looks like a scam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks.  I'm thinking about filing a complaint against SunMedia with the Better Business Bureau.  Or the Federal Trade Commission.

It seems Roku could easily check this issue because there have been at least 20 complaints on this forum about Sacred Songs and Daily Documentary and all the complaints are exactly the same.

I am also asking my bank not to honor the charge that SunMedia made against my credit card.  We'll see if that is possible.

Lots of scams and bad people out there.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hello,

I would like to extend our sincerest apologies to all the customers who were affected. We have an issue in our apps that passed all rounds of testing on our side and we have already issued a fix. It is unfortunate that it happened, but it happens to the best of us. It will take a few days for the apps to be deployed to the channel store and the issue to be fixed for existing subscribers.

All of the existing customers who bought the 10 dollar subscription will be converted to lifetime subscribers.

We will also be monitoring this forum more closely to help stay in touch with our subscribers in other issues they may have.

We wish you all the best,

SunMedia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Channel has been updated in the channel store. Please do a system update and then try to use the channel. Please accept our apologies again for the inconvenience it may have caused, but we are just learning too and we are committed in providing a good experience for you guys.

PS: Kudos to Roku for moving so quickly.

All the best,

SunMedia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you for correcting this issue.  I have a suggestion.  If you can, please allow for close captioning for your videos.  I am a little hard of hearing and really, really appreciate captions when I watch anything on the Roku channels.  Thanks for your consideration.

Highlighted
Level 8

I will look into what it takes to allow that and if it's possible I will do it.

All the best,

SunMedia

0 Kudos