Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

DRM: KeySystem Access Denied on Amazon Silk browser with Firestick

Unable to play the Roku Channel on the Amazon Silk internet browser on my firestick. When selecting a movie or tv show the video player will show up and load then I will get this

Playback Error

DRM:KeySystem Access Denied! -- Key system access denied! Unsupported keySystem or supportedConfigurations.

Ive found similar reports from people back in January 2020 on the internet and someone on here as asked a similar question 3 weeks ago with no response from anyone.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: DRM: KeySystem Access Denied on Amazon Silk browser with Firestick

Can you explain to me any intelligent valid reason Roku would

want to support streaming its Channel to a browser from Amazon on Firestick?

That would seem like Piracy to me and I'm sure its not supported without licensing.

Get Real.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How is this piracy? I'll give you an intelligent reason why they would continue to support the viewing of their FREE content on the silk browser. They can continue to get ad revenue and increase the number of viewership to get more content. If you're not gonna reply with an intelligent response to the issue stated in the original post then dont reply ding dong. 

Highlighted
Level 19

@RealEmail Thanks for reaching out. You can see more information about what devices and browsers are currently supported for use with The Roku Channel here: https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934-how-do-i-get-the-roku-channel-

Thanks,

Tanner