Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

DNLA ?'S

I have loaded videos to my computer operating on Windows 10.  Videos are in MKV format.  I was able to go to this through Roku and watch videos.  Yesterday something changed and I get an error message from Roku and windows when I try to play the MKV format videos.

"Invalid value for registry."  I did not change anything, it just stopped working.  I downloaded a converter to change the files to MP4 and it did, but it loaded them in Windows Media and I can't move them to the C" drive.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

Brian

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: DNLA ?'S

Possible the file is corrupt. You can try to convert again. There are also sites on the web that will do it in the cloud. I dont use Winblows(out my rear) but Im sure it is somewhere on your C drive unless you set up another HDD. Anyway I just run a HDMI cable over from my Video card to my TV. Much less grief if you can do it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: DNLA ?'S

I use my DLNA server daily with Roku Media Player without issue, and the vast majority of my videos are in the MKV container. 

The built in DLNA function in Windows is pretty terrible. I never really used it much, as there are too many other, far better solutions available. Some are free, and some do have a fee. I use Serviio, which offers both a free and paid version. For your home network, the free version is all you need. But there are numerous other products, some with apps/channels developed for the Roku, such as Plex or Emby.

Disclaimer: I an the author of the profiles that Serviio uses for Roku devices, and am a moderator on the Serviio forum. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.