Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyinToronto
Reel Rookie

DLNA won't work anymore

Jump to solution

Hi,

Have a TCL TV series 4 with Roku TV.  DLNA worked for a few weeks, but now Roku player won't find any DLNA servers. On the help it explains how to search for one, problem is there's no where in settings where search option is available.  I have Emby server. Is there a way to search or make Roku search for DLNA servers? I have other devices and they find server just fine still.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonyinToronto
Reel Rookie

Re: DLNA won't work anymore

Jump to solution

Success. Turns out it was Emby DLNA, removed the Add-on, re-installed and Voila, it's working. Odd how all other devices could see it except Roku. Anyhow, it's working.

Thank You

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, there's no settings for searching for DLNA servers. I've never encountered such a problem, and I have multiple servers on my network. Since you're using Emby, have you tried using the Emby channel for Roku? It doesn't use DLNA, but connects to the server via a dedicated server connection. Plex operates similarly with their own Roku channel. And of course both servers have DLNA functionality as well. 

Are you certain the DLNA functionality of your server hasn't been disabled? The other devices that still see the Emby server, are they using DLNA or a dedicated Emby app? And of course, is the Roku TV still working with other network sources, such as YouTube or other Internet source?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TonyinToronto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

DLNA server on EMBY still on, i can access it no problem from pc's without Emby client installed. I turned on Modem/router DLNA service and Roku won't see it either. The Roku player was capable of playing a few movies (4k) that Emby client wasn't, only reason why i would like to have it working.  I guess i can full reset TV and see what happens.

thanks again

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yeah, I can't think of anything that could be causing the issue. Before doing a hard reset, you might first remove the RMP channel, reboot your TV (not just turn it off and on, pull the power), then add the channel back in. All I can say is RMP is working fine on all my Roku devices with my DLNA servers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TonyinToronto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

was a good idea, removed channel, did restart on TV, re-installed and still nothing.. I think i'm going leave it alone for now, use Emby and will pick up another Nvidia shield soon.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
TonyinToronto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Success. Turns out it was Emby DLNA, removed the Add-on, re-installed and Voila, it's working. Odd how all other devices could see it except Roku. Anyhow, it's working.

Thank You

0 Kudos
brentb636

Jump to solution
Removed and re-installed RMP, per your suggestion, and THAT worked for me. I'm running an Ultra right now. Thanks.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you. An uninstall and reinstall of RMP worked for me

0 Kudos
ws6chad
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The only thing that worked for me was Moving the ROKU TV off the wireless and plugging it into the router with an Ethernet cable.  My PC, and WMP is the server.  Nothing changed on the software.. Just Stops working.  I rebooted everything.  Did a hard reset on the router and the TV and nothing worked UNTIL I moved the TV off the Wireless, and put it on the router.  It is Likely a TP-LINK problem!!  I have been encountering random glitches in TP-Link routers.  I have the Archer C7 AC 1750 but I just threw away an older TP-Link router that was really bad!  Needless to say, I am not buying any more TP-link routers  but their AX4400 is better than the AC routers.

0 Kudos