Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jade02
Level 7

Cw seed app not loading

When I try to launch the Cw app it does not allow me to watch anything and would randomly kick me out when I try to tap on any other setting. I tried uninstalling the app and restarting my tv but nothing is working. Anyone else have this problem

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cw seed app not loading

First, what Roku device do you have? CW doesn't indicate what devices are supported in the channel store, but it might not work on older devices. 

It sounds like you have a Roku TV. After you removed the channel, how did you restart the TV? Either use the System restart function in the menu or pull the power plug for about 30 seconds. If you didn't do either, the removal wasn't performed completely. 

Are you located somewhere other than the US? If so, it might not be available where you are. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jade02
Level 7

hello,

Thank you @atc98092 for responding to my question. I have a Roku tv, and after unistalling the app I unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds. And I live in Canada. Also my Tv is brand new I just got it a month ago

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Jade02 wrote:

hello,

Thank you @atc98092 for responding to my question. I have a Roku tv, and after uninstalling the app I unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds. And I live in Canada. 

Thanks for the reply. I can't say for certain, but being in Canada might be the issue. You'd need to contact CW and ask them if it's supported there. 

I just looked on the CW web site and found this: CW Seed only has streaming rights in the United States. As a result, the app is not available in countries outside the U.S. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos