Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcbuckwalter
Level 7

Current YouTube TV customer considering new Roku device

I am a current YouTube TV customer who uses Roku devices for streaming. I know that existing YouTube customers will be able to continue accessing programming via Roku devices, but one of my devices appears to be going bad and I want to replace it. However, if I do replace it, will I still be able to access YouTube TV? My understanding is that no new customers will be able to download YouTube or YouTube TV, but will I be able to download as an existing customer? I've not seen anything anywhere that addresses current YouTube and Roku users who change or upgrade Roku devices.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Current YouTube TV customer considering new Roku device

@rcbuckwalter 

I do not think you will be able to add YoutubeTV to a new Roku device until the dispute is over.  Even as an existing customer, if you remove it from an existing device, you are unable to reinstall it back to that device, so I would assume that would extend to new install on a new device as well.

However, for now, you can still access YoutubeTV through the regular Youtube Channel. (lower left corner, there is a YoutubeTV icon).  As such, worse come to worse, you can still access YoutubeTV in this manner on a new Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
renojim

If you link a new Roku device to your existing account that already has Youtube TV it should be installed automatically along with all the other channels already on devices linked to the existing account.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rodkopy
Level 7

Are you 100 percent sure on that??

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rodkopy 

I bought a new Roku since the dispute. It automatically added YouTube TV. So, it did for me. I'm sure of that.

Just don't remove it from the old device as long as that old device is tied to your account. Do a factory reset on it when you retire it (if it still works).

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

rodkopy
Level 7

Thanks for the info…it is currently on a Roku tv that I will still use but want to add an additional Roku tv to house.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@rodkopy 

When you add the Roku TV to your current Roku account, all the current apps tied to the account will be automatically added. Including YouTube TV.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos