Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Curiosity Stream - kicked out to Roku main menu

Hi.  I love Curiosity Stream.  Lately, when I have been watching Curiosity Stream for an hour or so, I will be kicked out of CS and find myself back at the Roku Main Menu screen.  Can any one help me debug this situation?

Thanks for your assistance.

mark

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Curiosity Stream - kicked out to Roku main menu

@mtmcdonough 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Curiosity Stream

My Ruku Premier restarts ONLY when watching Curiosity Stream, usually about 30 minutes or so in. I have unistalled and reinstalled the app, didn't work, and have update the RUKU, any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Curiosity Stream

You will have to contact the channel developers for assistance with that. Roku does not develop or support the channels offered in their devices, other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. All other channels are supported by 3rd parties. 

I will comment that when you remove a channel, it is mandatory that you reboot the Roku before re-installing. If you didn't do that, the uninstall wasn't complete, and whatever is causing the problem could remain. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks, and yes I did reboot. I will contact CS about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Just an FYI, this sounds very similar to https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Roku-reboots-when-watching-Curiosity....

You might want to watch that one also. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Believe this is fixed with a re-spin of the Curiosity Stream app. Just have to reload the app into the Roku.

I had to cancel my subscription before I could remove the Curiosity Stream Icon from the Roku screen. Then it was simple to re-add the icon, log back into Curiosity Stream and go to the Roku web page to manage my subscriptions and reactivate the Curiosity Stream subscription.

Many thanks to one and all

0 Kudos