Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BugsNLola

Crunchyroll not working. 'Oops! Something went wrong'.

Jump to solution

For the last 3 days, the #Crunchyroll channel isn't working on Roku TV. When you try to access it, it states "Oops! Something went wrong. Try Again."

It was posted to Crunchyroll's forum with several users complaining of the same issue. I didn't see any response from Crunchyroll stating if the issue is on their end or on Roku's end. My other channels are working fine. Do you know why this issue have been going on for the past 3 days?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BugsNLola 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Crunchyroll channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach Crunchyroll here.

Thanks,
Danny

Other topics you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Crunchyroll not working. 'Oops! Something went wrong'.

Jump to solution

@Bandafay

Thanks for the post.

If you do not have an option to remove the channel, this simply means you currently have a subscription to the channel through Roku Pay. In this instance, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance regarding their functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Crunchyroll support here: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BugsNLola 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Crunchyroll channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach Crunchyroll here.

Thanks,
Danny

Other topics you might find helpful:

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mothra100
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Besides a wretched new interface, is Crunchyroll not working on Roku because of the at&t/roku dispute?

canelacho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I discovered a simple trick when that happened to me. I used to delete the app, restart the Roku and install the app again. But at the 3rd day, I was upset with the situation and I tried just to move the app, and yes! This apparently renews something in the memory of the app and fixes it.

If that happens to you again, just try to move the app:

• Select the app
  • Tap the (*) select move
  • Move the app and 'OK'.
  • Try to load the app and that’s it. 

Sorry for my bad English @canelacho.

Reye
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just move the app to another position, I just read it below and it works perfectly!

Karilussje

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the help, it worked perfectly as you said. 

Also sorry for my bad english. 

canelacho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great!

0 Kudos
Spotinnj28

Re: Re: Crunchyroll not working. 'Oops! Something went wrong'.

Jump to solution

Still doesnt **bleep**ing work. 4 **bleep**ing days now. Report broken app every day 10x a day. Tweet them. No one fixes **bleep**

spacespector
Reel Rookie

Re: Re: Crunchyroll not working. 'Oops! Something went wrong'.

Jump to solution

Crunchyroll's newest update makes using any Roku device a terrible experience. Its been broken for months now. Crunchyroll doesnt seem to care.

0 Kudos
F1ip620
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When will the Crunchyroll app be working again??? Is it resolved yet, since it's already have issues for months now...

0 Kudos