Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Criterion Channel apparent retaliation for complaint

After several years of subscribing to Criterion Channel, through Hulu, Filmstruck, and now Criterion Channel itself, I wrote an email of complaint about the content that they were showcasing and found that they cut off my access that very day. 

When I wrote and further complained that it seemed someone there had retaliated for my complaint, I was assured this was not true and that they were having more general problems, but access has never been renewed.

When I cancelled my subscription as a result, they kept my entire year subscription and have yet to refund me, even though I let the president of the company know that I considered them to be in breach of contract unless they resumed my access or provided a refund.

I have never experienced this kind of treatment by any other service provider and just thought people should know about their unethical behavior, intentional or not, which has been sustained through multiple emails to the company.

0 Kudos