Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken_Ohrn
Level 7

Criterion Channel App Crash

I'm using a Roku Premiere 4620X with all updates, and added the Criterion Channel on June 6 this year.

Half-way through a film last night, the Criterion Channel app froze, then the Roku crashed and seemed to reboot. 

Error messages went by quickly but my recollection of one is something like :  “Your session has ended”. There was more, but I could not read it.

When the Roku recovered, the Criterion app was visible, but my credentials were lost, and needed to be re-entered. 

The film then proceeded to play uneventfully, having restarted from the point of the crash.

Other Roku apps such as Netflix do not crash.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Criterion Channel App Crash

Thanks for reaching out to report the issue. A few questions here:

1. What film were you watching when the issue occurred? 
2. Approximately what time did the issue occur (and which timezone)? 
3. Have you observed this issue on any other channels?

Please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku device serial number from Settings>System>About, along with any extra details you can recall. I'll help pass along this feedback to the channel provider and request they help take a closer look. I'd also recommend following up with them directly to share your report, and request any additional assistance they may be able to offer. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Ken_Ohrn
Level 7

Hi Tanner:

Thanks for your response.

I have heard directly from Criterion Channel:

"It appears our engineers and the tech team at Vimeo have resolved the issue. Please try launching the Criterion Channel again on your Roku and you should be good to go. Of course, follow up with us if you have any additional questions or trouble viewing Channel content. "
0 Kudos
100IRE
Level 7

Setup:  Original version StreamStick 3400X plugged into and powered from the MHL/HDMI connector of an OPPO BDP-103, receiving strong Wi-Fi from an Apple AirPort router, signal strength shows "excellent", download speed "good" @ 9mbps.

Issue:  Criterion Channel loads slowly and will not play content for more than twenty minutes or so before the StreamStick crashes all the way down to the boot screen (the one with the ROKU letters shaking back and forth).   This happens multiple times per film, regardless of the title.  I appreciate this is an older set-up, but all other services operate fine (Amazon, Hulu et. al.). 

Reporting to you because I cannot find a Criterion forum for this.  All advice gratefully appreciated.
0 Kudos
alnames
Level 7

I'm also having this problem with a 3810. Criterion Channel freezes after several hours, reboots, and I have to log back in again.
0 Kudos