Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Create and Craft App on Ruku sticks at "Retrieve" bar does not load, anyone else have this problem?

Since Create and Craft updated it's app on August 24, 2020, the program app will not open on Roku.  It sticks at the "Retrieve" bar.  I have made numerous complaints to Create and Craft and they said it is Roku's problem and now Roku does not answer it's support phone line (how convenient).  Getting sick and tired of everyone blaming each other.  The app does not work and either Roku or Create and Craft need to FIX THE PROBLEM!!!  Many of my friends are also unable to watch this app on their TVs and we all have different internet service providers and all have different Roku devices.  We are able to watch ALL other apps except Create and Craft on Roku!!!  I have unplugged the router and plugged it back in and ditto with the Roku device, have removed the channel (app) and then restarted Roku and reloaded app and NOTHING, sticks at the "Retrieve" bar, as stated above.  DOES ANYBODY DO THEIR JOBS ANYMORE??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Create and Craft App on Ruku sticks at "Retrieve" bar does not load, anyone else have

Roku did not create this channel, and does not support it. You need to contact the developers of Create and Craft. According to the information on the channel store page, that is Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd, and their web site is http://www.createandcraft.com

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Create and Craft App on Ruku sticks at "Retrieve" bar does not load, anyone else have

I have contacted them more than 100 times since they started having the problem after they last supposedly updated on August 24, 2020 (it states it is version 1.6 but when you download the app it states it is version 1.1).  The app did not work from the first ~12 days and then worked intermittently for about 3-4 days and now, again, nothing.  I have emailed and called their support center which is located in India..  I called there this morning and the man stated that it is Roku's problem and that they contacted you about it.  I know that is a lie since every other app works just fine on my Roku and several friends that have Rokus.  We all have different Roku devices and different internet services providers, but the same problem.  The app sticks at the "retrieve" bar and does not open.  Create and Craft's CEO Jaime Martin is a narcissistic idiot that was fired from his last job at Hochanda (a rival craft network whose app works just fine on all of our Rokus).  Is there a way to ban them from Roku for unethical practices like bait-and-switch which I can prove.  I have screen shots of the complete ordering process where it states the item is "in stock" and after you pay for the item it still does not state that there is an extended dispatch (wait of 6 weeks) until you go back into their website to check the status of your order and they put the notice about the extended dispatch.  When you ask them to cancel the item, they do not refund the money and tell you they had a glitch in their program and they will process it again, and SURPRISE another glitch.  I had to file a claim with PayPal.  PayPal didn't even wait the month, they refunded the money within a week for non response from Create and Craft and the so-called support center.  [post edited] Their office is allegedly manned by 10 people who do not answer their phone and obviously do not care.

0 Kudos