Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: CraveTV on Roku?

Jump to solution

The install command that I posted above must be sent via an HTTP POST command so that can't be done with a browser, you will need something like Postman to do that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried searching for crave on my Roku and nothing pops up. Only "3D crave" and  "crave keyword ROI for your biz" are the only things to pop up. Am I missing something here? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I looked throught settings on my Roku device and I don't actually see a Country setting, but is it possible that either your device or your account is set to US rather than Canada?  Maybe try a reboot of your device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was just able to add the Crave channel by logging into my Roku account at roku.com on my laptop. Once logged into your account go to the top menu What to Watch>The Channel Store. On that page search for Crave in the search area which is in the top right. Once Crave is shown after your search just Add Channel.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the channel number.  I did an add first from Roku.com, no go as my devices are all registered US.  I then telnetted into the one Roku I have with the same result, even though I am in Canada for the next few months.  Fricking Bell Canada.

i am in Canada, but because I normally in the US I can’t access even though I pay for it.  Yet I cant access my US only accounts because I am in Canada...I know which streaming sevrices I will be cancelling starting with Bell and Crave.

thanks again for the assists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

GEEGEE if you actually read my original post, you would know that that was not working, so...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

How does it know that your account is US based?  Can you just do a factory reset and start over again with a different account?  Or maybe you can switch the domicile of the account?  Or maybe you could enable guest mode and login with another account?

Guest Mode

Got visitors? This mode lets your visitors log in to enjoy their own subscription channels on your Roku device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When you first register your Roku it records your location.  

your IP address is used for geolocation

your subscription shows your billing location (both CRedit Card and physical).

i believe guest will show the original registration address.

so I will try, but not feeling warm fuzzies

i may have to deregister the one Roku I am travelling with, create a new registration with Roku Canada and then add the channel.

My money is on Bell being #&$#@&&.  I am actually on their physical Network as they are my ISP when in Canada.  I also have a TV service from them totalling IPS/TV over $190/math including Crave.

Maybe I will change my ISP/TV to Rodgers...lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just did a Guest setup and accessed the Roku in guest mode.

no dice

definitely a Bad coding decision.  Now I will deactivate my Roku with me in Canada and register/activate with Roku Canada.  99% sure that will do it, but I will have to add/login again to all my subscriptions.

too bad Roku refuses to support physical keyboards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

CRAVE TV is now available on ROKU!

0 Kudos