Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: CraveTV on Roku?

Jump to solution

Apparently it IS now available.  However the channel can’t be downloaded by some Canadian Roku owners, who are - apparently - registered to the US Roku Channel Store.

I have been happily using Roku’s for a couple of years, in both countries (we’re “snowbirds”) without too much of a problem.  We use Netflix in either country (but pay Canadian pricing!), Amazon Prime channel works in both countries (we cancel Canadian membership in Prime Canada, and order prime (USA) on arrival in Florida, otherwise we Are charged both fees).

So we were pleased that Crave announced that it was finally Available on Roku.   BUT - because we seem to be registered on the US Channel Store, (although we bought and used our first Roku in Canada) we can’t access the Canadian Store without resetting ALL (4) Roku’s we own to factory-reset mode; cancelling our US registration, and all existing subscriptions; and re-register again starting all over again.

It would seem simpler for Crave to add their Channel app to the US store, with the proviso:  “Only works in Canada”.....

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Visiter555 wrote:

too bad Roku refuses to support physical keyboards.

It may not recognize physical keyboards, but I think you can use your phone as a keyboard through the Roku app.  That makes it somewhat easier.  And some of the apps use that system where you enter a four letter code from a web page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@Jhannam wrote:

It would seem simpler for Crave to add their Channel app to the US store, with the proviso:  “Only works in Canada”.....

For sure, or they should let you change the country domicile of your account.  This is a common problem with online accounts - I know that this was a HUGE issue with Xbox Live users at one time(and may still be).  You couldn't change country and if you created a new account in the second country you earned all of the status/achievements that you had in certain games, etc.

It is similar for Apple.  I used to spend a lot of time in the US and UK.  I had to create separate Apple IDs for each country (Canada, US, UK) to have access to some apps that were country specific - like Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I hear you.  As I am living and working in the US my accounts and CCs are US.  That means I am registered as US on the Roku site and channel store.

Like others, my option is to reset my Roku to factory and remove it from US store and

open a Canadian Roku account then register my devices and so on...

As for the keyboard, each channel uses dfferent methods to sign in, some a four character sign in on their site, soe 5 character some more.  Some require to sign in with email and password using a QWERTY keyboard  showing no numbers unless you change to number or you change to special characters.  Some have a A__Z keyboard same options as the QWERTY.  Some show the numbers to the side, some show the numbers above some do worse.  

Come on Roku get your $@#& together and either provide keyboard support or make all the channels have a standardized keyboard format.

My passwords are all 16 characters plus.  Every time Britbox or Amazon Prime Video choke I have to reenter my account info or go to their authorization page AFTER I log into their system on a totally seperate device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Looks like it's available as of April 8th, 2020.

I had a hard time finding it on the Roku device itself, but it looks like you can add it by clicking on the Crave link in the blog post below:

https://blog.roku.com/en-ca/crave-is-now-available-on-roku-streaming-devices

Edit: This was in response to the original question of whether Crave is available on Roku. I didn't realize this thread had turned into a discussion about streaming Crave in the US using a Roku. If that's what you're trying to do, please ignore this response.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

That only works if your devices are registered in Canada.  If you are visiting Canada from the US, you cannot add Crave.  The same works with a few US channels.

i deleted one of my Roku from my US account and created a Canadian account and was able to add Crave, but I could not add some of my US subscriptions.

To all who read, stop giving answers that you have not tested.  You are wasting the time of those of us that actually live in the US and Canada for business or retirement reasons.  

No one is trying to do anything wrong, as using Crave in Canada is legal if you have a subscription.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

As of April 14, 2020, it appears CraveTV is supported on Roku devices.  -  As per the website you mentioned at Crave ( https://www.crave.ca/en/support/which-devices-does-crave-support-35731641 ), it now lists all the Roku devices.  -  Also, when you search for Crave on a Roku device, it lists it as a channel you can download. 

(Alberta, Canada)

0 Kudos