Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When I try to add Crave, it says it is not available in my region. I'm in Canada.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Crave

Jump to solution

@trippy 

Thanks for the information.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Crave definitely is a Canadian service.  Its website says it is available ONLY in Canada. 

Might you be using a VPN whose server is outside Canada?

Were you outside Canada or using a non-Canadian server when you set up your Roku account?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

what a joke I am in Canada and it tells me not available in my region, what the **bleep**. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried everything including wiping my Roku account and starting new and still says not available in my region. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, I was using a VPN when I first set up my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Kristen141983 wrote:

Yes, I was using a VPN when I first set up my account.

Your account may be identifying the location for your account according to the IP location used when you created the account.  You may need to create a new Roku account for yourself via a Canadian server and connect your Roku to that account.  I've seen Roku personnel give this advice for people who register in one country then move to another.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My IP address is Canada and when I set up it also was in Canada I do not have any US based subscriptions. I am at a loss.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@trippy 

Thanks for the information.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't kow I have Netflix (Canadian) Amazon Prime (Canada) Disney. I bought the Roku, in Canada as I am Canadian. I once tried to add Hulu and it also told me that not available in my region as it is US based.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This did the trick for me. I just picked up a Roku Express today and was initially disappointed to find that I couldn't add Crave which I recently subscribed to. Was afraid the Roku device was a US version or something, and that I'd have to return it. I did a factory reset of the device, deleted my Roku account, set it up again and BOOM, within minutes, I was in business! Very pleased Smiley Happy