Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Crave won't play

Since this morning, CRAVE will not play on my Roku express device. It loads and loads and loads...nothing happens. Why

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Crave won't play

I have the same issue. 

I have had Crave since it came available, but the last week or so the channel won't open.  Is there a fix for this? (I'm paying for the service but it's not working - frustrating!)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@TJMcK @simon1967 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Crave directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Crave channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.crave.ca/en/support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks your feedback. 

First it should be noted that I had to unsubscribe from Crave in order to see the option to remove the channel. 

Then I did everything else you described in your msg and it didn't help. 

Since I'm currently unsubscribed so I may as well just not have the channel - pity though. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem. And when I push the * key as per instructions it does nothing. No menu. Nothing. I am paying for the service and can’t watch because of Roku. Works fine on my computer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Althea13 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Crave  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Crave support here: https://www.crave.ca/en/support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem Smiley Sad

super mario bros

0 Kudos